Roles and Responsibilities:
The Applications Engineering Manager will report to Chief Operating Officer and will serve as the primary technical resource for Seakeeper retrofit and OEM applications in the southeast USA and internationally. Working in conjunction with the sales team and dealer network, the Applications Engineer will be responsible for driving and managing the evaluation stage of the sales process.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Manage the Application Engineering Department, including managing the Performance Prediction and Sea Trial responsibilities.
- Serve as technical point of contact for Seakeeper sales team members in the southeast USA, Middle East, Africa, and Europe.
- Work with OEM builders and designers to review or propose Seakeeper installation layouts.
- Serve as liaison between Seakeeper’s Engineering and Sales teams (to provide product updates to sales and to provide product feedback to engineering).
- Assist Seakeeper’s Engineering team with design of new products and options to meet customer demand.
- Coordinate with third party engineering partners to propose and resolve installation design questions and/or issues.
- Review dealer installation techniques and provide ongoing training in order to make the process more efficient.
- Travel with and assist Sales team in various sales activities, including trade shows.
- Prepare installation drawings, scope of work details, and cost estimates for retrofit applications.
- Create, share, and manage database of retrofit applications.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Qualified candidates must have 5-10 years related technical experience in the marine industry. The candidate must have a valid passport and be available for both domestic and international travel approximately 25% of the time.
- Must be aligned with the values of the company which include result orientation, collaboration, diversity, inclusion, integrity, and trust. Must be self-motivated, well-organized, and have superior customer service skills. Superior time management skills, multitasking skills, and the ability to prioritize tasks with minimal supervision are essential. Must have strong verbal skills and the ability to communicate professionally.
- Strong command of 3D CAD (Solid Works and Auto CAD preferred), Microsoft Office products, interpersonal skills, be a team player, and be detailed oriented.
- Qualified applicant must be professional, responsive, resourceful, flexible, and maintain a positive work attitude. Must be able to work independently, maintain filing systems and basic databases, gather and analyze information skillfully, and make sound, timely, and accurate judgment while supporting reasoning for decisions. Ability to read, write, and speak fluent English.
Interested candidates should apply using this link: https://seakeeper-careers.silkroad.com/ and contact Human Resources at (410)-326-1590 with any questions.
Location: Ft. Lauderdale, FL