This privately owned manufacturing company is located in Edenton, North Carolina in a picturesque and historic community and affords an individual a great place to work while enjoying a family oriented life style. Candidates located in southeastern United States are preferred and on-site interviews will be limited to that general area. We are an ISO 9001: 2008 manufacturer. Regulator was the first boat manufacturer to earn the coveted safety award, North Carolina Department of Labor’s North Carolina Star. Regulator is in currently expanding its production facilities to meet growing customer demand.
Our company values diversity in the workplace, provides a supportive environment for all employees and is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Each submitted resume will be treated in strict confidence. You are invited to view the following websites: www.regulatormarine.com and www.townofedenton.com.
To oversee the Assembly and Final Assembly process to provide a quality product to the customer. Oversees and guides the work of Assembly specialists; monitors the quality and timeliness of work being done by the group; communicates activities and project statuses to the VP of Operations; acts as a technical resource for the group and makes or guides decisions on all aspects of work; takes on operations assignments as time allows.
This job classification describes a dynamic and energetic manager who is self-motivated, responsible for envisioning and designing boats end-to-end, including naval architect design review, Assembly schedules, build processes review, systems concepts, and hardware/application concepts. The Assembly Manager will be responsible for independently coordinating a team of engineers and engineer technicians, overseeing tasks in order to generate new marine designs and/or improve existing designs with the support of other company disciplines. The individual shall be capable of efficiently performing all tasks listed in higher level engineering manager job descriptions.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
The following tasks shall be demonstrated by the individual at this level:
1) Supervises Assembly employees in the department
2) Effectively communicate design plans and schedules along with operations support projects with VP of Operations to whom he or she will report
3) Work with Supervisors to determine daily requirements and priorities
4) Provide updated schedule for Assembly, with catch-up plan when delays occur
5) Assist in trouble-shooting of production problems
6) Maintain work orders for Assembly
7) Meet goals and objectives provided by upper management
8) Ensure that employees are using and following all Standard Operating Procedures
9) Help Regulator continue on its Lean journey
9) Assist in making sure safety is the top priority and quality stays before delivery
10) Keep employees informed of policy and operational changes
11) Maintain required labor levels and lead the hiring process
12) Ensure all performance reviews are accomplished in an accurate, timely, and fair manner
13) Understand and effect a fair and consistent progressive discipline process
1) Minimum five years supervisory experience
2) Computer literate; Word, Excel
3) Ability to analyze and solve problems
4) Effective verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills
5) Ability to work in an office or indoor industrial manufacturing, environment
6) Successful applicant needs excellent management, leadership, personal interaction, and mechanical / systems aptitude and computer skills. Prior boat manufacturing experience is preferred but not a requirement.
1) Manufacturing plant (lamination shop and assembly shop), office, occasional travel to customers/dealers and trade shows.
1) Making sure safety is the number one goal in the Assembly Department
2) Ensure all safety rules are being adhered to by all employees and visitors in the Assembly Department
Education (minimum): Associate Degree or equivalent
Total compensation will be based on current or past pay, prior work experience and education. Excellent benefits.
Please no phone calls or visits; applicants must submit their resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org