We are looking for a Boat Production Supervisor at Arrowcat Boats to oversee elements of production, drive continuous improvement and optimize all processes. This job is located in Clearwater, Fl. We will offer relocation expenses to the right candidate.
The Supervisor will oversee all daily operations of the plant from production and manufacturing to ensuring policies and procedures are followed. They develop processes that will maximize safety, quality and productivity.
- Plan, organize, direct and run optimum day-to-day operations to exceed the expectations of our customers and our ownership group
- Increase production, assets capacity and flexibility while minimizing unnecessary costs and maintaining current quality standards
- Be responsible for production output, product quality and on-time shipping
- Allocate resources effectively and fully utilize assets to produce optimal results
- Implement strategies in alignment with strategic initiatives and provide a clear sense of direction and focus
- Monitor operations and trigger corrective actions
- Share a trusting relationship with workgroup and recruit, manage and develop plant staff
- Collect and analyze data to find places of waste or overtime
- Commit to plant safety procedures Actively coaches and oversees hourly Team Members (20) team members)
- Trains and motivates Team Members to achieve the highest levels of productivity and quality.
- Communicates daily schedule with upper management
- Develop systems and processes that track and optimize productivity and standards, metrics and performance targets to ensure effective return on assets
- Stay up to date with the latest production management best practices and concepts
- Proven work experience as a boat plant production manager and familiarity with the fiberglass lamination process and or boat assembly
- Proven managerial experience
- Adequate knowledge of business and management principles (budgeting, strategic planning, resource allocation and human resources)
- Familiarity with industry-standard equipment and technical expertise
- Be knowledgeable of safety, quality, productivity, demand creation, inventory and stewardship processes
- Computer literacy
- Ability to create accountability and to lead by example
- Strong team building, decision-making and people management skills
- Oversee the staff responsible for the following operations: - Skin coat - Rolling fiberglass - Gel coat - Chopper gun operation
- At least 3 years of experience in a supervision role in a Boat Manufacturing plant.
- 2 or 4-year college degree preferred but not required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Google Docs & Sheets, Outlook
- Must have strong attention to detail
- Must follow all safety standards and procedures
- Must adhere to all quality standards
- Must demonstrate a record of dependability and reliability with prior work experience
- Must be able to work well with teams and in close proximity to each other
- Health, vision, dental insurance
- Paid time off