We are currently seeking a Business Development Manager / Associate Publisher to join the largest media publishing company in the recreational boating and yachting industry.
The Associate Publisher will be responsible for driving multi-channel sales revenue across all Yachts International media platforms. These include print, digital, social, video, custom programs, event and project sponsorships, and marketing services. We are looking for a consultative sales professional with the ability to develop proactive sales strategies, independently generate and convert leads and assist with development of new programs/products to successfully sell to the market.
Specifically, this person will:
- Write and negotiate contracts with new and existing advertisers
- Coordinate communications to past, present, and future advertisers
- Sell across all traditional and digital media channels
- Create revenue opportunities - media plans - sponsorships
- Coordinate with production team to schedule, monitor and report on campaign delivery
- Work collaboratively with the editorial team and other group personnel
- Effectively nurture leads through the sales funnel
- Communicate effectively across departmental lines and with external partners
- Extremely strong client presentation and proposal skills.
- Ability to adapt to changes in consumer behavior and market conditions.
- Demonstrated ability to incorporate new tools, technology and innovations into existing sales processes.
- Ability to identify process improvement needs and propose solutions to increase efficiency and customer satisfaction.
- Ability to travel for trade shows, company sponsored events and customer visits. Some weekend and after-hours work required.
- MS Office experience, particularly with Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook or equivalent.
- Ability to use both formal and informal influencing skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects, meet deadlines, prioritize tasks without direct supervision and communicate professionally.
IDEAL CANDIDATE WOULD POSSESS:
- Interest, knowledge and understanding of the marine industry
- History of exceeding sales goals and revenue expectations
- A high sense of urgency and ability to deliver results.
- Strong background of building revenue from digital products.
- Sales Force experience
- Brainstormer with excellent communication skills
The compensation package will include a competitive base salary, as well as generous individual commissions and bonuses based on meeting goals. In addition, health care, two weeks of paid vacation, sick time, personal days and an expense budget.
About Yachts International
Yachts International is an AIM Marine Group multi-channel media publication focused on content relevant to large yacht enthusiasts in the US and beyond. Platforms include a quarterly print magazine, website, events and other digital and social media properties.
About AIM Marine Group
The Marine Group is the preeminent source of travel, technique, and product content for boating enthusiasts. Iconic brands such as Yachts International, PassageMaker, Soundings, Soundings Trade Only, SAIL, Power & Motoryacht, Anglers Journal and Outboard help a broad audience of affluent enthusiasts enjoy their time on the water.
About AIM Media
One of the world’s largest enthusiast media companies, Active Interest Media (aimmedia.com) produces leading consumer and trade events, websites, magazines, and films and TV shows that reach 40 million readers, fans, and attendees in 85 countries. AIM powers the second-richest equestrian competition in the world, the World Series of Team Roping, and North America’s most important events and education for fitness professionals through our IDEA Fit division. Our brands include Yoga Journal, Backpacker, SKI, Anglers Journal, Yachts International, Sail, Power & Motoryacht, Team Roping Journal, Practical Horseman, EQUUS, Muscle & Performance, Horse & Rider, Oxygen, Clean Eating, Log Home Living, Old House Journal, Cabin Living, Woodsmith, Garden Gate, and more. The company’s five divisions—the Equine Network, Home Group, Healthy Living Group, Marine Group, and Outdoor Group—also operate thriving B2B platforms, online universities, and retail events. Core competencies include lead generation (through our Qualified Buyer Program), marketing services (through our in-house agency, Catapult Creative Labs), and video production. Warren Miller Entertainment is the most successful adventure-film company in history, and AIM Studios is a seven-person unit dedicated to digital video. Active Interest Media’s customers are smart, engaged, and loyal, and they look to our brands for trustworthy information and services that will inspire and enable them to enjoy their passions.
Please send resume and cover letter to: AimMarineJobs@Gmail.com