A confidential employer is searching for an experienced Buyer to work for a growing company in Sarasota, Florida. This is a full-time position with great benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) and more. If you’re ready for a challenging but rewarding career and have the experience outlined below, we want to talk to you!
To apply, please send your resume to SarasotaHR19@gmail.com.
Responsible for the day to day management of a purchasing profile with focus on continuous improvement within purchasing. Coordinates and executes the most difficult and unique purchasing transactions. Investigates and develops sources of supplies, prepares bid specifications, issues bid requests and reviews quotations. Interprets purchasing procedures to departments and suppliers and is responsible in representing the company and managing supplier relationships.
Essential Functions –
· Timely and effective communication of forecasts and purchase orders to suppliers.
· Manage and continuously review the Purchase Order System (MRP) to ensure accuracy and consistently meets the requirements of the business.
· Purchase materials in line with inventory targets. Manage slow move materials provided on monthly reports.
· Timely reconciliation of all material invoice and receiving related discrepancies.
· Timely processing of defective material returns to applicable suppliers.
· Continually review the overall “value” offered by existing suppliers to ensure they maintain global competitiveness.
· Assist with pricing and contractual negotiations of all suppliers who provide materials and services.
· Provide performance evaluations with suppliers, taking corrective actions as required.
· Management of Key Performance Indicators (KPI) of the Purchasing and Materials Groups.
· Interprets and communicates purchasing procedures to inter-company departments, suppliers and staff.
· Any other reasonable duties which may be required by management from time to time.
· Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain, Business or similar program preferred and/or relevant experience
· 3-5 years’ experience in a supply chain procurement position
· Knowledge of the principles and practices of purchasing
· Knowledge of the materials, products, and commodity markets in assigned areas of specialization
· Skill in both verbal and written communication
· Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with company employees and suppliers
· Working knowledge and understanding of ERP/MRP systems and their use in a manufacturing environment
· Working knowledge of Word, Excel and Power Point programs
· Attention to detail
· Know how to prioritize
Core Competencies -
· Achievement – drive to work towards a standard of excellence
· Analytical thinker – break down and analyze problems
· Change Leadership – supports and champions change
· Impact and Influence – persuade or convince others to get support
· Initiative Driven – proactively doing things (short/long-term)
· Team Player – take a role on a team and cooperatively work with others