Seakeeper, the global leader in marine stabilization, is committed to revolutionizing the boating world. Our patented technology completely eliminates boat roll, improving the experience of everyone on board—from the seasoned captain to their grandchildren, the toughest sport-fishermen to the first-timer. If you thrive on the challenge of pushing yourself to do and be better every day, you’ll fit right in with our rapidly growing team.
Role and Responsibilities:
The Communications Coordinator is responsible for supporting all internal and external communications for Seakeeper in the areas of social media, public relations, email marketing and copywriting. The Communications Coordinator will report to the Communications Manager and be responsible for the following:
- Execute social media strategy including development of content calendar, daily posts across all social channels, and monthly reporting
- Engage with social comments and messages across all platforms in a consistent and timely manner including on weekends and after-hours
- Manage email marketing campaigns including content creation, layout and formatting in email templates, maintaining contact lists, and monthly reporting
- Communicate and coordinate with the sales team and internal stakeholders to collect and organize information to promote Seakeeper activities
- Assist in copywriting efforts for Seakeeper’s internal and external communications, ensuring consistency across all platforms including Seakeeper’s media outreach, website, social media, and print/digital literature
- Support public relations efforts by creating media lists, reaching out to media and packaging information for editorial opportunities, tracking coverage and monthly reporting.
- Attend occasional events and interact directly with customers
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
Qualified candidates must have 1-3 years related communications experience (public relations, social media and/or copywriting) and a minimum of a bachelor’s degree is required. Strong understanding of social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn) and Microsoft Office products is required. Experience with MailChimp, Adobe Creative Suite, and/or NetSuite is ideal, but not required. The ideal candidate will be highly organized, extremely detail-oriented, and have strong writing, spelling and grammar skills. Must be flexible and able work in a fast-paced environment while maintaining a positive work attitude. Superior time management, multitasking, and prioritization skills with minimal supervision are required. Strong verbal skills, the ability to communicate professionally and understand complex technology topics are required. Candidate should be a team player, professional, responsive, resourceful, and able to work independently.
Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL or California, MD