Big Thunder Marine has quickly become the largest new and used boat dealership at Lake of the Ozarks and our rapid growth has brought on a need for Director of Service. We are looking for someone that can lead a team by implementing necessary processes, hold team accountable for efficiency and profitability, and execute plans at the highest level. This is not an entry-level management position. We are looking for the highest performing individual that can hit the ground running on day one and begin making change. We are 100% committed to being not just the largest Boat Dealer at the Lake, but the best! The best means we provide an amazing customer experience to everyone we encounter. This is a fast-paced rapidly growing company that is poised for continued growth.
Department: Service Job Status: Full-Time
FLSA Status: Salary Exempt Reports To: General Manager
Amount of Travel Required: Local and Boat Shows Positions Supervised: Service and Parts Team
In keeping with the mission and values of Big Thunder Marine, and the pledge to maintain our presence as the premier watercraft dealer at the Lake of the Ozarks, the Director of Service serves as the leader of the service, parts, fiberglass, and rigging departments. The Director of Service will ensure the continued growth and success of our company by focusing on clear communication and efficiency of the service team workflow. At all times the focus is to enhance our customer service experience and create lasting relationships with our clients.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
- Establish parameters for and schedule staff according to weekly labor hours’ budget. Revise as needed to control overtime and ensure adequate coverage is in place
- Review and interpret financial and operational reporting regularly, including labor and overtime reports, sales goals and reporting. Adjust accordingly and focus on driving results
- Promote a culture of service excellence by sharing best practices, establishing priorities, and providing support to all members of the Service team. Evaluate staff performance both on an ongoing, regular basis as well as annually to address and correct any areas of concern
- Conduct consistent and thorough training of service staff to ensure they can properly identify the features, components, and benefits of each product in our lineup. Focus on offering hands-on training and demonstrations that will allow team members to understand firsthand the products we offer
- Attract, hire, and retain a diverse team of top talent. Build a team that successfully represents the Big Thunder Marine brand by delivering exceptional service and driving client loyalty
- Familiarize yourself with our inventory of new, used, and brokered watercraft. Ensure new watercraft is inspected upon delivery, report any damage or deficiency to manufacturer for repair or replacement
- Become proficient with Dockmaster, be able to successfully guide team members to utilize the system for their work. Ensure billable hours and tech efficiency is entered correctly
- Proactively resolve customer concerns in a manner consistent with company policy, and with client satisfaction in mind; partner with General Manager to address elevated client issues
- Maintain the service facilities and order repairs to facility, and supplies as needed.
- Perform final walk through to ensure watercraft is in optimal condition prior to delivery or release
- Ensure client satisfaction upon delivery, or arrange immediate service to rectify outstanding issues
- POSITION QUALIFICATIONS
- Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions
- Initiative - Ability to make decisions or take actions to solve a problem or reach a goal.
- Goal Oriented - Ability to focus on a goal and obtain a pre-determined result.
- Communication - Ability to communicate both verbally and electronically
- Enthusiastic - Ability to bring energy to the performance of a task.
- Customer Oriented - Ability to take care of the customers’ needs while following company procedures.
- Ethical - Ability to demonstrate conduct conforming to a set of values and accepted standards.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: High School Diploma or GED is required, Post-secondary education is highly desired
Experience: 4-6 years’ marine Service Management experience required
Computer Skills: Must be proficient with Microsoft Excel and Google docs. Experience with CRM systems BoatWizard and DockMaster is valued but not necessary.
Certifications & Licenses: must possess, or have the ability to obtain, a Class E drivers and MO boaters license
Send resume and cover letter to Brandi Schol, Human Resources Director, firstname.lastname@example.org