Honda's commitment to creating products that improve the quality of people's lives goes well beyond automobiles and motorcycles. Since 1953, Honda has manufactured over 40 million power products worldwide and continues as a leader in the development of low-emission, fuel efficient, environmentally friendly 4-stroke engines for use in outboard motors, generators, water pumps, lawn mowers, and many other power equipment applications.
We have two territories open for Senior Sales Rep. Please apply via the job links below…
https://hondana.taleo.net/careersection/jobdetail.ftl?job=AHM0004CG&lang=en#.XFnkUDAe3lI.email – FL, AL, MS, and LA Territories
https://hondana.taleo.net/careersection/jobdetail.ftl?job=AHM0004CF&lang=en#.XFnj-HS1uDs.email – CT, DE, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI and VT Territories
The Senior Sales Reps will develop and maintain an effective network of Honda Marine Dealers to sell Honda Marine products in an assigned territory. Support dealers' sales effort while achieving wholesale goals. Report market and industry trends via business status reports. Directly sell Honda outboard motors and rigging components to Retail Marine Dealers. Manage the account relationship for Honda on all levels, from executive management to sales personnel while gathering AIM data. Represent Honda Marine at dealer sales events and manage co-op advertising. Seek new retail marine dealers (Full Line and Package) to support the increased sales and market share of Honda Marine. This includes working with OEM Boat Reps on package dealers. Understand F&B of Honda Outboard product for proper marketing representation to accounts. Visit all Honda Accounts minimum of 1 time a year. Submit for terminations of low / zero performing sales locations. Proven ability via PDCA and MAR's to consistently hit targets and control expenses.
· Wholesale Sales to Dealer / Honda powered package pull through from boat companies (Honda OEM's)
· Retail Sales and Market Share
· Accessory and Parts Sales
· Four years of college (preferred) or two years of college plus 7 years of experience in the Marine Industry
· Basic knowledge of boats and marine equipment
· Basic mechanical comprehension
· Excellent oral and written communication skills, including listening skills
· Ability to motivate and effectively communicate with dealer principal, dealer sales people, counterparts, management and support departments
· Strong computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft products
· Effective people management and relationship development skills
· Light mechanical aptitude and knowledge of operating marine products
· Applicant must have very strong people skills in the areas of negotiation and motivation
· Must have high comfort level with public speaking
· Must be flexible to make changes in scheduling on a moment's notice
· Must be willing to travel 100%, including weekends, as required
· Future relocation is required
American Honda motor Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor.
Critical Competencies: Results Orientation, Leading with a purpose, Business Acumen, Service Mindset, Developing Self & Others, Ethics & Integrity, Diversity & Inclusion