Join the Suzuki Way of Life! Due to a recent promotion, we are in need of a DSM in the TX/LA area. The District Sales Manager will manage sales and client relationships in the TX/LA district. Responsible for using consultative selling skills to assist dealers, both Full-line and PREP+, within the district to achieve the assigned retail sales, wholesale sales and inventory level goals and achieve new dealer acquisitions. Communicate sales programs, market conditions and competitive advantages to each dealer in the district. Make recommendations to improve retail sales, increase efficiency to generate profitable dealerships (both Full-line and PREP+) in the district. Assist with the control of inventory and analyze information to release or transfer product to the correct dealer resulting in maximum sales and inventory turns. Assist with the creative development of advertising programs as well as getting maximum participation in company created promotions. Motivate dealers to participate in boat shows or open houses to maximize the exposure of Suzuki product in the district. Conduct sales and product training with dealer principles and employees to increase their knowledge of the Suzuki Marine product line and instruct them on the most effective methods to sell the retail customer.
Maintain accurate records on district activity and communicate dealer and market conditions to executive management through written as well as verbal reports. Through consistent communication with the dealers and the Suzuki main office, maintain dealer compliance with company policies. Will work from a home office traveling overnight at least 60% of each month. Salary, incentives, full benefit package including 401k, business expenses reimbursed, company vehicle and lap top provided.
· Must live within the district
· 8+ years as a field sales person, district manager and/or equivalent retail management experience in the Marine or related industry.
· Must have good interpersonal selling skills and a working knowledge of advertising and sales promotions.
· Possessing the ability to understand and counsel on retail financial profit and loss management is a plus.
· Must be willing to travel away from home overnight a minimum of 60% and have a valid drivers license and driving privileges.
· Excellent inter-personal, organizational and presentation skills.
· Must be self-motivated to work hard, adhere to travel schedules and commitments with all external and internal customers.
· Must possess mobility and stamina to travel between different states within assigned district. Must be capable of handling the demands of driving continuously up to 6 hours per day. Required to walk and remain standing up to 8 hours per day during shows and meetings. Required to lift equipment and material weighing up to 50lbs. Capable of driving and riding water vessels. Good vision required to perform various tasks including viewing computer monitors, driving and practicing safe boating maneuvers. Required to have the ability to rig outboard motors on boats.
Please apply on-line: http://suzuki.com/careerspage/
Suzuki is a global manufacturer and distributor or motorcycles, ATVs, outboard motors and automobiles. In the US, we are headquartered in Brea, CA and manage the distribution of outboard motors, motorcycles and ATVs through the country. We sell fun!
Suzuki Motor of America is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state