Historic Yacht Club at The Wharf in D.C. is growing. The Dockmaster has primary responsibility is for the safety and security of the Yacht Club members, their boats and the assets of the club. Additional responsibilities include:
· Provide excellent customer service to members, guests, and visiting yachtsman.
· To work closely with the General Manager to assure that all marine facilities are well equipped to meet the current standards of safety, and cleanliness.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Dockmaster must be familiar with all Club rules pertaining to marina requirements.
· Must be punctual, and willing to work a flexible schedule to accommodate the needs of the Club.
· Must be knowledgeable about VHF radio transmissions and etiquette.
· Must check all vessels daily to determine if any obvious problems may exist, and inform the GM and the boat owner of any irregularities immediately.
· Must examine the dock infrastructure early each day and report any damage or items for repair, especially items that may be a safety hazard. Ask for maintenance assistance when needed, and call the appropriate approved sub-contractor, as soon as possible to correct.
· Conduct daily slip audits and document any vacancies, or problems.
· Work closely with the GM regarding Transient reservations, slip assignments, and any special needs of the visiting yachtsman.
· Provide pump out service to all members and Transient guests by way of the marina system.
· Welcome visiting yachtsman, assist them to tie up, make the pedestal end connection for shore power, deliver ice, provide visitors package (information about Club hours, dress code, shower locations, local attractions, access keys and service, etc.)
· Maintain the docks, finger piers, emergency ladders, and pump out equipment.
· Provide billing information to the office for slip rental, electricity usage, Transient guests, etc.
· Maintain records, assuring current slip agreements, and insurance compliance.
· General Plumbing and Electrical knowledge a necessity.
· Supervisory experience necessary to train and manage Dock Stewards.
· A confident, self- starter, no nonsense attitude is a must.
Please submit your resume to: email@example.com