Dometic Marine provides boaters and the boating industry with a wide range of products designed to deliver on one very important promise – Mobile Living Made Easy.
Dometic Marine offers steering systems for crafts of all types and sizes. From basic mechanical or hydraulic systems to advanced Electric Power Steering and power-assisted steering capable of integrating with advanced Optimus joystick control, Dometic Marine has steering covered.
Among Dometic Marine’s many product offerings are systems designed to enhance the comfort and convenience of life on the water. These include sanitation, air conditioning and heating systems for vessels of all sizes and configurations, as well as refrigerators, powered coolers and cooking systems that help make time on the water more pleasant for both recreational and professional mariners.
We are now looking for an Electronics Technical Specialist to join the Marine Electrical Department at Dometic Marine. This position will be primarily remote and is based in South Carolina.
This position focuses on field support of Dometic Marine electronic products including on-site technical support at customer’s facilities, remote support via telephone and email, and providing technical training both on-site and at Dometic Marine facilities. The Electronic Technical Specialist will work closely with Design Engineering to test and validate new product releases. They will also work closely with Product Management and Quality to provide customer feedback and assist in warranty returns.
- Provide technical customer support to dealers, OEMs and consumers with regard to electronic products.
- Provide trouble shooting assistance to dealers, OEMs and consumers during initial installations and after delivery.
- Train dealer network and OEMs by teaching training classes and providing on-site installation assistance.
- Support sales staff by providing technical assistance on sales calls.
- Determine additional sales opportunities within OEM and dealer accounts, explain the benefits to the customer and coordinate quotations with sales staff.
- Support Design Engineering in new product releases by assisting with execution of functional tests and validation plans and performing field testing.
- Support Product Management and Sales by actively planning, preparing, and participating in boat shows and sales events.
- Support Product Management with customer feedback by providing the “voice of the customer”.
- Support Quality Management by assisting in warranty administration.
- Provide input and feedback to assist in the preparation of manuals and training material.
Qualifications and Experience
We believe that the ideal candidate has the following qualifications and experiences:
- Associates degree in Electronics Technology preferred.
- 5+ years’ experience in an installation or service role in the marine industry with preference given to experience in installing marine electronics.
To be successful in this role, you understand the importance of our core values - We are passionate, We act responsibly, We are building together and We embrace change. These values reflect the heart and soul of Dometic and they define what it takes to work here and how we do things.
In addition to embracing our core values, we believe that you possess the following skills, competencies & characteristics:
- Self-motivated and creative team player with strong sense of commitment to internal and external customers.
- Strong problem-solving skills, ability to troubleshoot problems on-site and remotely.
- Ability to forge and manage relationships with customers.
- Knowledge and/or experience with all Dometic electronic products.
- Thorough knowledge of NMEA 2000 networks. NMEA certification preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of hydraulic steering systems.
- Excellent ability to troubleshoot electronic systems at the module level.
- Experience in installing and servicing marine electronics and boat systems in general.
- Excellent boat handling skills and knowledge.
- Proficient computer skills to operate highly advanced diagnostic and development tools.
- Creativity in problem-solving.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Must have real world experience working with individuals of diverse backgrounds and a respect for difference.
- Professional demeanor whether in person, via email or on the telephone.
- Excellent at multi-tasking, scheduling, and balancing priorities.
- Ability to generate detailed Engineering Reports.
- English language fluency - verbal and written required.
Is this the perfect match for you? Please apply by sending your application to HR.Canada@dometic.com.