Suzuki is a company founded on engineering and innovation. With our new Suzuki Marine USA headquarters in Tampa, FL and our growing Technical Center in Panama City, we have some exciting new opportunities in a number of locations. Suzuki outboards offer more technology, more innovation and more excitement than ever before. Suzuki’s engineering excellence in designing high-output, lightweight 4-stroke engines for the world in Marine, Auto, Motorcycle, and ATV is second to none. All positions include full benefits package including health, 401(k), business expense reimbursement, paid vacation and paid holidays. Please see detailed information about each career opportunity and apply on-line at the Suzuki Careers page.
Apply here: http://www.suzukimarine.com/careers
Working from our Suzuki Technical Center in Panama City, FL in this newly created position, the Engineering Manager will direct the work of several onsite and remote engineers and/or designers as it pertains to the design, testing, and development of Suzuki engines, drives, transmissions, and accessories. This is a new position which will have a huge impact on the future growth of our outboard product line.
- BS in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering(minimum) or MS(preferred) in same discipline; vehicle electrification engineering considered
- 5+ years’ experience in marine vehicle systems, automotive systems or equivalent
- 5+ years managing direct reports in Development and Engineering roles in Engine or Electrical Power.
- Experienced leader with demonstrated success in driving/facilitating innovation and ability to influence others.
- Exceptional leadership/management skills and superb oral and written communication; with seasoned presentation skills
District Technical Services Manager (MD/VA location)
Working from a home office in the territory, this person is responsible for improving retail customer satisfaction with Suzuki products in the MD, VA, DC, NC (and parts of SC, PA, OH) territory. Traveling overnight about 70%, you will meet with Suzuki dealers and provide training to ensure the dealers can provide prompt, professional and courteous service to Suzuki owners. Additionally, you will provide technical assistance to dealers for difficult technical questions and protect the company’s interests by controlling expenses and making proper and fair decisions for warranty and goodwill repairs. Home office equipment and vehicle provided.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as a technician at a dealership
- Minimum 3 years’ service management experience at the dealer level
- High school diploma
- A strong technical background
- PC knowledge with experience in database, spreadsheet and word-processing software
Sales Application Engineers (2 Openings- TX/LA area and MI/IN area)
Working from a home office with approximately 70% overnight travel during the weekdays, this person is responsible for supporting the national sales to Suzuki Boat Builders. Uses strong technical skills to help train and improve installation of Suzuki motors at boat builder assembly plants. Communicates to management the current market conditions and reports ideas to improve sales relations and/or improve the quality of the installations. Works with District Sales Managers to increase the number of dealers, as well as, improve the volume of sales. As required, assist management in the design of programs and in the creation of National Boat Builder Meetings. Home office equipment and vehicle provided.
- 5 years of experience as a Marine Field Sales or Service person.
- District Manager and/or equivalent management experience with a manufacture or boat builder.
- Must have good interpersonal skills and a working knowledge of boat development, production and testing.
- Must be knowledgeable with outboard motor repair and installation.
- Must have the ability to present training material with the ability to create training curriculum. Must be willing to travel by auto or airlines away from home a minimum of 70%.
- Must have a valid driver license and good driving record.
- Must have a High School diploma.
- Must demonstrate excellent skills in organization, research and analysis. Must have strong presentation skills.
Endurance Boat Driver
Working from our new Marine Technical Center in Panama City, Florida, the Endurance Boat Driver will operate company boats in open waters to put hours on the outboard motor for evaluation purposes. When not driving, this person will learn how to rig a boat and have other various assignments around the Suzuki Test Center. This can be a great entry level position to a career in the marine industry for someone willing to learn various aspects of the business.
- Must be proficient in operating boats, have a boating license by successfully completing the National Association of State Boating Law Administrators (NASBLA) approved boating education course or have passed an equivalent course
- Basic knowledge of outboard motor and boat mechanics
- High School graduate
- Completion of Mechanical Tech School preferred