Conanicut Yacht Club, located on Narragansett Bay across from Newport, was founded in 1892 as a private club and has strong programs in sailing and racquet sports for adults and juniors. The Club offers members and their guests dining facilities and hosts private and special events.
The Facilities Manager is responsible for the maintenance and protection of the Yacht Club’s waterfront, Clubhouse landside facilities and Racquet Sports facility, and for overseeing the daily physical operation of the Club, in such a manner as to maximize the benefit to club members. This is a hands-on as well as a supervisory position.
- Ensure that all buildings, grounds, machinery, boats, marine facilities and related services are maintained in an exceptionally high-quality manner.
- Hire, direct, develop and supervise related staff and outside contractors accordingly.
- Ensure appropriate purchasing, control and inventory of all equipment, tools and supplies.
- Develop and maintain appropriate file systems for equipment maintenance and repair.
- Ensure assignment of moorings in accordance with Club policy and ensure proper billing and accounting for use of moorings and small boat storage.
- Interact with other departments and all waterfront and landside committees, successfully fulfilling there needs relative to the scope of responsibilities.
- Manage cost and quality of all facilities-related repair, maintenance and related capital projects.
- Ensure the Club is compliant and current with all local, state and federal laws and regulations, as they pertain to proper Club operations and safety.
- The Facilities Manager is the Club’s primary safety officer and is the lead in the event of storm-related emergencies. Reviews Club emergency procedures on a regular basis.
- Working knowledge of small engines and their repair and maintenance.
- Capable of making minor repairs to boat hulls, rigging, etc.
- Ability to establish and maintain contractor relationships in a cost-effective manner.
- Have general knowledge of plumbing, HVAC maintenance, electrical and carpentry.
- Be effective and cordial in communication with staff, committees, members and guests.
- USCG Limited Masters License (Launch Operators License) or greater.
Salary appropriate to experience level, health insurance, paid vacation, 401(k). DEADLINE January 25, 2022
Resume and cover letter to email@example.com in Word format. No phone calls please.