Seeking a Facilities Manager for Cracker Boy Boat Works located in Riviera Beach, Fl, just north of the Port of Palm Beach with direct ocean access. Our current retiring Facilities Manager will be on hand to train. Cracker Boy is a DIY Boat Yard with Ship Store. Although we have numerous independent contractors on-site, we are one of the last Do-It-Yourself yard in southeast Florida. With up to 26’ width, 20' depth and both 75T and 150T travelifts we can haul 20 - 120' boats. Our customer base includes private boats, commercial barges and international racing sailboats. CBBW is privately owned by an active, original developer of the property in 1976.
The successful candidate will spend their time shaping the team, allocating resources, maintaining property and equipment and overseeing yard crew and equipment operations.
- Minimum three years’ management experience in marine environment with a preference for boatyard and/or marine services.
- Sufficient equipment skills to understand maintenance routines and operational uses of golf carts, loaders, forklifts, cranes and travelifts.
- Exceptional Customer Service Skills to increase customer base, implement/enforce yard policies and facilitate swift resolutions to boat owner and contractor disputes.
- A proven Leader with a knack for managing a yard crew so it operates as a smooth team.
- Organized, neat, self-driven & motivated to exceed by example.
- Coordinate, manage, and mentor all yard staff with hands-on leadership
- Supervise all yard operations to ensure quality, prompt, courteous and safe services to all customers
- Maintain a positive and open presence with customers, owner and office staff
- Oversee profit centers including waterfront slips, yard storage, and heavy equipment services.
- Approve all yard purchases and check requests
- Identify and develop new revenue sources
- Recruit, train, schedule, and supervise all yard personnel including disciplinary actions and terminations when appropriate.
- Organize and lead regular employee safety meetings
- Ensure yard policy, procedure and safety manuals are updated, communicated and enforced
- Operate the yard consistent with and maintain the yard’s standing as a Florida Clean Marina
- Ensure the safety of customers and employees. Provide for training of employees in the safe use of marina equipment and all functions related to their respective positions, including the training of firefighting equipment and spill containment
- Ensure and take appropriate action for the proper maintenance of all yard property, equipment, grounds, facilities and docks
- Respond to wind storm or other emergency events that could damage yard assets or customer property
- Understand and comply with government regulations and laws pertaining to marina/yard operations and handle all aspects of governmental reporting and compliance including but not limited to local Governmental Agencies, State of Florida DOL and OSHA
- Lead in developing and implementing innovative marketing plans for Cracker Boy Boat Works.
- Develop professional relationships with neighbors and marine/marina advisory groups such as the Port of Palm Beach, Riviera Beach CRA and City Marina, Marine Industries of Palm beach County, American Boat and Yacht, etc.
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
- Potential Bonuses
- Uniform Service
Full Time. Monday – Friday 8 am – 5 pm.
Occasional weekend and holidays required during emergency storm situations
Send Cover Letter and/or Resume to:
Cracker Boy Boat Works Inc.
1124 Avenue C
Riviera Beach, FL 33404