Blue Wave Boats is hiring. This is your opportunity to Ride the Wave into a career with America’s top bay boat brand. Founded in 1992, Blue Wave Boats builds legendary bay boats from 19 – 28’, including 2800 Pure Hybrid, the world’s largest bay boat. Operations are based in a state-of-the-art 165,000 sq ft facility in Seminole, OK.
Openings in the Fiberglass Mold and Tooling Department
Overview: Both positions require skill and experience in hand-finishing fiberglass parts as well as repairing fiberglass damage to all parts, as needed. Damage includes cracking, crazing, thin gel, mold marks, air in laminate, scratches, contamination in gel, or any other fiberglass defect apparent to the potential consumer. Mold Maintenance and Tooling Lead and Technician specializes in patchers and detailers who are able to perform complex part repair, mold repair, mold maintenance, and mold modification based on engineering specification.
- Completes production plan by scheduling and assigning personnel; accomplishing work results; establishing priorities; monitoring progress; resolving problems; reporting results of the processing flow on shift production summaries.
- Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
- Ensures operation of equipment by calling for repairs; evaluating new equipment and techniques
- Efficiently identify mold and part defects. Perform mold maintenance and handle preventative maintenance
- Efficiently prepare a variety of parts and materials for fiberglass mold and part repair or modification. Materials may include, but are not limited to gels, fiberglass, resin, and catalyst.
- Effectively make necessary repairs to fiberglass parts, Patch & Detail, and/or molds (mold maintenance)
- Prioritize work orders in conjunction with supervisor and schedule
- Collaborate with supervisor to discuss work orders
- Clean and maintain work area, tools and materials
- Use supplies and resources efficiently with limited waste
- Maintain safety guidelines
- Other duties as assigned
Skills and Abilities
- Must have keen attention to detail
- Ability to follow a work schedule and work order
- Understand the function of different chemicals and composite materials
- Must be dependable, and have reliable transportation
- Must be able to physically handle the requirements of the job, including but not limited to: lifting, bending, stooping, squatting, kneeling, twisting, turning, climbing stairs, reaching, grasping, gripping, pushing, pulling, and spending entire working hours on your feet, etc.
Additionally the Fiberglass & Mold Tooling Lead should possess:
· Good communication skills both verbal & written
· Managing Processes
To apply, please email your resume to email@example.com