The Field Service Technician works directly with Seakeepers’ service and warranty staff to provide support, field service, commissioning and repairs for all Seakeeper products in the field. This position will service the Northeast region. Duties include but are not limited to:
· Contact vessel builder, dealer, owner or operator and gather data and information relating to the case.
· Organize a list of all parts and tools needed to resolve the service case.
· Carry out Gyro Commissioning and Service interventions in accordance with Seakeeper procedures.
· Complete Service Case Reports and all Commissioning forms.
· Assists with inventory management; including cycle counting, keeping inventory stocked and labeled.
· Maintain the highest standards of safety, quality of work, personal presentation, vehicle presentation and reputation of Seakeeper.
· Provide Boat Show and Trade Show support as needed.
· Travel will be within the Northeast region primarily, but may be outside of those areas when customer needs dictate. A valid Passport is required.
Qualifications and Education Requirement:
· High school diploma or GED required
· Technically relevant education/certification or 1-3 years related experience as a repair technician in the marine industry preferred or related field.
· Ability to obtain a valid passport, and be available for occasional travel up to 70%.
· Superior time management and multitasking skills and the ability to prioritize tasks with minimal supervision are essential.
· Strong verbal skills and the ability to communicate professionally.
· Ability to work independently, gather and analyze information skillfully, and make sound, timely, and accurate judgments.
· Ability to lift 70+ lbs. and be able to drive extended distances, periodically 2-4 hour each way.
· Ability to work in confined areas such as engine rooms, equipment spaces, bilges on board various types of marine vessels. This includes climbing up/down ladders, stooping, bending, lying down and working in challenging conditions.
Location: Mohnton, PA. Link: https://seakeeper-careers.silkroad.com/