Liferaft Services is an industry leader in sales and service of liferafts and marine survival equipment in the Northeast. We are looking for a detail-attentive, mechanically capable individual to join our service team. Servicing of equipment is performed in our climate controlled, state of the art facility in York, Maine. Our new hire will be trained on-the-job for a duration before attending official manufacturer training specific to brands and models of equipment serviced.
• Inspect, re-certify, and repack commercial and recreational life-rafts of all types and sizes.
• Clean and repair life-raft containers as needed, including minor fiberglass and gelcoat repairs.
• Perform required testing on life-rafts using calibrated tools and devices.
• Monitor ambient conditions during testing and repair to correct for fluctuations in barometric pressure, temperature, and humidity.
• Use adhesives and solvents to carry out repairs or alterations to equipment when necessary.
• Maintain an organized work space and account for all tools and parts used daily.
• Maintain accurate parts inventory and ensure accuracy of sales orders.
• Work closely with managers and other service technicians to complete work in a timely manner.
• Follow strict quality and safety procedures to ensure the safety of customers and coworkers.
• Drive delivery truck to pick-up or deliver equipment to customers as needed.
• Attend boat shows and industry events; Load and unload equipment, set up and break down displays.
• Travel to attend periodic manufacturer training for specific brands and models of equipment.
• Communicate with customers about equipment being serviced.
• Help with other tasks not specifically mentioned in this description.
• Education: Minimum - High school diploma or equivalent
• Experience: Experience in the marine industry, especially commercial marine or fishing, is preferred.
• Skills: Basic math and writing skills. Basic computer skills. Familiarity with basic hand tools and power tools.
Please call 207-363-0220 or send your resume to Dan Greer at: email@example.com