Sportsman Boats is a premier boat builder in the Summerville, SC area offering an exciting future and incredible opportunity for growth. We are expanding and in need to two Lamination Supervisors.
Founded in 2011, we have quickly built a name for manufacturing some of the best and full-featured family friendly center console boats on the market. Employee well-being and company culture are integral part of who we are and we are looking for individuals to join our rapidly-growing team that like to be challenged and love to work in a nurturing fast-paced and goal-oriented environment. We offer competitive compensation, a full array of benefits and an opportunity to work among the best in the industry,
Check out our job openings and apply online at http://sportsmanboats.applytojob.com/apply
Reporting to the Lamination Manager, the Lamination Supervisor is responsible for ensuring the efficient manufacturing process for the Sportsfish and Island series in the lamination department. This position is responsible for adhering to the production schedule, supervising employees as assigned and complying with all safety, quality, and quantity standards.
- Total responsibility of assigned area/department to include planning, manufacturing, production, safety; ensuring parts are sprayed in the order shown on production schedule, completed on time, meeting quality standards
- Monitor and initiate improvements to throughput, span-time, productivity, and on-time delivery
- Manage resources within given areas of responsibility to ensure staffing and equipment readiness levels will meet expectations; make adjustments as necessary to meet production schedule
- Ensure that the production area is opened at the proper time, with equipment properly started up and personnel in place and starting work in a timely manner, and/or at the end of the shift proper shut down procedures are followed and the building is properly secured
- Recommend enhancements to existing and future production methods and material flows in effort to provide optimum manpower and equipment utilization
- Provide operational input and guidance for new product development, process improvement and process capability
- Supervise team members in accordance with Sportsman Boat’s policies and applicable laws; to include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving issues
- Provide coaching and development to team members, ensuring that the machine operators have the training, tools, resources and support needed to perform their jobs at optimal levels
- Provide a high level of visibility and guidance to the teams through a continual floor presence and frequent communication of company goals, team performance, quality performance, projects and general information
- Promote, maintain, and enforce safe and clean work environment by educating and directing team members on the use of all machinery and work methods
- Execute additional duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Knowledgeable in the areas of lamination, assembly, patch and polish, and gel coating
- Excellent leadership capabilities; must be able to engage and motivate team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent time management, organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to work in fast-paced, ever changing environment
- Excellent people-management skills
- Must be able to resolve issues independently.
- Must have excellent communications skills, both written and verbal.
- Detail-oriented with strong project management skills, ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects effectively
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Typical days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 6:00am – 3:30pm.
Sportsman Boats is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.