The Yard Brisbane, Australia, is looking for an experienced Lift Master/Operations Manager to join our growing team. The ideal candidate for this role must be a leader…leading from the front and responsible for all docking and undocking operations of vessels in an efficient manner while ensuring the safety of all personnel and equipment. They must have experience/vast familiarity with operating large marine straddle carriers, ie 600T, 300T, 65T and trolley, ie 200T, as well as other equipment within the facility – forklifts, gantry cranes, EWPs, etc. The ideal candidate should have experience working in the marine industry, ie Marinas, ports, crewing, etc.
This role would require relocation to Australia. Relocation assistance offered as part of the role. For more information on/about our facility and its location in Australia, please visit our website, https://theyardbrisbane.com/.
Roles & Responsibilities Include:
- Lead and manage a team of operations personnel to execute all docking operations.
- Interface with Sales Management to schedule the docking and undocking of vessels.
- Work very closely with the our customers and tenants, providing them with the necessary services they require.
- Read and interpret docking plans/arrangements, develop blocking plans with safe blocking loads based upon sound calculations, and be capable of layout/safe arrangement of blocks for docking.
- Execute safe dry-docking evolutions and vessel launching, analyze tide and wind conditions, and maintain weight logs and docking plans.
- Responsible for managing the maintenance and repairs of all machinery required for operations; this includes but not limited to all of our Travel Lifts and Trolleys.
- Coordinate with all parties during lifting and launching operations.
- Conduct all Risk Assessments for all docking department’s activities.
- Prepare and submit reports for all activities.
- Manage and utilize resources effectively by:
- maximizing manpower
- managing overtime
- adhering to time keeping
- proper assignment of tasks.
- Must have considerable knowledge of structure of vessels, stress points, load factors, cradle positioning, and blocking of vessels.
- Must have knowledge in stability calculations and docking plan development.
- Oversee and manage QHSE plan for all things Operations, ie Pre-starts, Logs, JSAs, SWMs, Permit, etc.
Additional Requirements Include:
- Offer exceptional customer service
- Offer revenue generating solutions to his/her department
- Cool, Calm and Collect under high presser situations
- Work well with others
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Be familiar with the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.
- Be able to use our CRM system
- Exhibit a positive attitude
To apply for this position please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!