EdgeWater Boats manufactures luxury yachts, high-quality center console boats, family-friendly dual consoles and crossovers. Some of the best boats on the market.
The Manager of Engineering plans, organizes and directs the engineering team to meet company objectives for new product development, improvement of existing product lines, compliance with industry-standard and manufacturing support. The Manager ensures that the engineering team works collaboratively with the production, sales, and purchasing departments to achieve company objectives.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this position. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be provided to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position, which include:
- Manage the development of new products and enhancement of existing models.
- Coordinate the selection and integration of new vendor parts and options.
- Assist manufacturing in the integration of new models into production.
- Ensure all models are manufacturing friendly and in compliance with ABYC and NMMA standards.
- Support quality assurance initiatives.
- Drive and support cost savings initiatives
- Ensure accuracy/quality of manufacturing support documents i.e., BOM’s, drawings, etc.
- Maintain accuracy of bills of material within company ERP system.
- Directs the work of consultants and tooling firms.
- Work with Customer Service to reduce warranty issues.
- Maintain daily personnel records/annual evaluations for Engineering Department.
- Ensure daily tasks of personnel align with company priorities and goals.
- Provides ongoing updates to management concerning the status of engineering projects.
- Project Management
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Financial Management
- Technical Capacity
- Communication Proficiency
- Organizational Skills
- Ability to work in a team environment.
This position selects, trains, develops, and supervises the salaried exempt, salaried non-exempt, and hourly engineering, and R&D team members.
Limited travel (up to 5% on average) is required of this position.
Education and Experience:
- A Bachelor’s degree in a relevant Engineering discipline from an accredited college or university is required.
- A minimum of five years of relevant work experience in the boat building industry is required.
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, and PowerPoint) required
- Experience with Rhinoceros and AutoCAD software preferred.
- Previous ABYC and/or NMMA certifications required.
- Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma knowledge and/or experience strongly desired.
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
- This position is full-time salaried exempt and is typically scheduled to work Monday through Friday from 7am to 4pm. Work outside of that schedule may be required, including evenings and weekends.
- This position generally works in an office environment and routinely uses standard office equipment, is required to talk; hear; sit; stand; walk; use hands to manipulate, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; to routinely lift to 10 pounds and occasionally lift up to 50 pounds.
- This position also routinely works in a production area that is a fast-paced, noisy environment that is non-climate controlled (regularly above 90 ambient degrees or below 60 ambient degrees) and includes exposure to fumes/airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals as well as exposure to moving mechanical parts and high/precarious places. Personal protective equipment must be worn and may include safety glasses, Tyvek protection suits and/or half/full-face respirators.
EdgeWater Power Boats is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants based on race, color, religions, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran or military status, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected under state or federal law.
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org