The Hinckley Company is a world-renowned builder of premium jetboats and sailing craft from 29 to 70 feet in length Maine and Rhode Island, and operates service yards along the U.S. East Coast.
We are seeking an Experienced Manufacturing Engineer for our Trenton, ME production facility.
· Production Support - Work with Plant Management, Production Supervisors, Quality Assurance, Engineering and other plant level departments to evaluate and address production issues; both product and process in nature.
· New Product Introductions - Work with Design and Engineering personnel to identify and implement design and production enhancements in development stages of new models. Act as plant team leader for introduction of identified models into production. Address material, component and construction problems. Communicate problems and issues back to the Design and Engineering team.
· Manufacturing Tools - Identify and develop tools (ex: jigs and fixtures) for increased productivity or reduction of non-value added costs. Ability to construct jigs, fixtures and right sized tooling.
· Direct Cost Reduction Initiative - Lead efforts to reduce direct labor and material costs by simplifying installation processes, selecting alternative materials, redesigning components and/or systems, etc.
· Manufacturing Documentation - Develop and update manufacturing documentation to be used by Production (i.e. – installation drawings, process work instructions, etc).
· Bill of Materials - Coordinate BOM development and changes to improve accuracy, develop kits, etc.
· Bill of Labor - Develop labor costing for new products during Product Development timeframe and for existing products as a result of any ECN driven changes.
· Engineering Change Notice (ECN) - Identify, coordinate and implement any engineering changes with all affected shops. Utilize the ECN system to document and communicate defined engineering changes.
· Capital Projects – Investigate, propose and lead capital projects to improve efficiency and capacity.
· B.S. in Manufacturing, Industrial, or Mechanical Engineering
· Minimum two (2) years manufacturing engineering, industrial engineering or related experience in a manufacturing environment
· Marine or automotive industry experience preferred
· Expertise in analyzing, processing and presenting data for problem solving and management review
· MRP/ERP systems experience, preferably in small/mid-size company environment
· Quick learner, ability to adapt to changing work environment, ability to handle multiple priorities, detail oriented, maintain professional positive attitude at all times; ability to work under pressure with minimal direction or supervision
· Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with all levels of the organization
· Proficient CAD skills required. Solid Edge, AutoCAD, Rhino skills are preferred.
· PC knowledge a must: MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook
· CNC experience preferred
Excellent candidates please send resumes and salary requirements to HinckleyHR@HinckleyYachts.com