The supervisor of the manufacturing engineering position oversees the development and implementation of manufacturing processes to maintain proper product functionality as well as cost efficiency; ensures the engineering team and other manufacturing departments work together cohesively and is responsible for the development of equipment to aid in the manufacturing process; leads and directs the work of assigned manufacturing engineers and project engineers. This position will primarily work with our lamination, RTM (Resin Transfer Molding) and Infusion teams.
Primary responsibilities and duties:
- Provides technical consultation, leadership, and advice to managers, manufacturing personnel and other functions.
- Reduce waste, streamline processes, and improve quality process controls.
- Assist in developing plant layout in planning rearrangement of facilities, equipment and operations for better utilization of space.
- Work closely with research and development, quality assurance and maintenance personnel to prevent problems with products and tooling/fixtures.
- Ensure all manufacturing safety regulatory policies and procedures are implemented and maintained at all times.
- Support all current and new product introductions.
- Ensure vendors/subcontractors are manufacturing products according to product specifications.
- Determine and eliminate root causes and diminish occurrences in the manufacturing process.
- Troubleshooting production floor issues and implementing corrective actions.
- Able to assist in reducing cost through re-engineering product/material.
- Monitoring and auditing manufacturing processes to ensure product specifications and standards are achieved.
- Assist in the assessment of vendor/subcontractor evaluation for consideration.
- Examine and validate processes using lean tools and statistical process control.
- Assist in conducting training for lean manufacturing, process updates, and model changes.
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or technical field preferred.
- Lean Six Sigma experience required.
- 2 years’ experience with continuous improvement in an industrial setting.
- 5 years’ supervisory experience required.
- Marine related experience preferred, especially in working in lamination, RTM and Infusion.
- Excellent written, oral, computer skills, problem-solving, and project management.
To Apply: Email resume to Human Resources – email@example.com or mail resume to World Cat 1090 West St James ST, Tarboro, NC 27886