Katherine Landing at Lake Mohave Marina is one of the most beautiful outdoor recreation properties on the west coast and is a collaboration between independent, privately owned award-winning park, resort, retail, and event management companies based in Red Bluff, California. Since 1975, the companies under Basecamp Hospitality brand have been providing our superior level of service and commitment as concessionaires to our partners in local, state, and national agencies in Arizona, California, Oregon, Utah, and Wyoming.
The Marina Manager is responsible for the operation of the entire marina asset and business including 900 mooring slips as well as a 60+ rental boat fleet, to ensure efficient and profitable operations, while maximizes the potential of the facility by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops, implements and reports on the annual marina business plan including all marina operating budgets, marketing plans, customer service improvement programs, staffing plan, etc. Ensures effective control of revenues, COGS, expenses and operating results, and takes corrective action to guarantee achievement of marina operating objectives.
- Provides the Marina Owner and the Company detailed monthly and annual reports on all marina business activities, financial results and key statistical data
- Implements and maintains systems and processes that effectively provide all marina customers, tenants and contractors with the highest level of professionalism and customer service. This includes ensuring all marina staff and direct reports maintain the standards; consistency of approach is essential.
- Develops strategic marketing and sales initiatives to ensure continued business growth.
- Develops and maintain effective and comprehensive boat rental program to include annual repair as well as ongoing maintenance programs for rental fleet.
- Manages all employees effectively and in accordance with all established HR policies. Carries out regular performance reviews and staff meetings
- Ensures all property and assets are maintained, monitored and presented in a manner that is in keeping with the marina standards
- Conforms to all corporate and marina policies and procedures, ensuring that all marina staff conduct their duties in the same manner
- Meets established quality standards for all marina related operations; ensures the recognized standards are maintained and that quality and delivery commitments are met
- Coordinates marina operations to obtain optimum berth or property occupancy rates • Other duties may be assigned Supervisory Responsibilities
- Manages subordinate supervisors who supervise between 10 and 30 employees at a designated marina facility
- Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination and evaluation of these employees
- Indirectly supervises non-supervisory employees
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Preferred qualifications in Business Management, Hospitality and Asset Management, Marina Back Ground with mechanical knowledge.
Language Ability: Fluent in written and spoken English
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Word Processing software; Spreadsheet software and Contact Management systems.
- Willing and able to work weekends and holidays and in varying weather conditions.
- Possess a valid Driver’s License with a clean 3-year history
- Reliable transportation.
- Be a willing member of Basecamp Hospitality, performing all duties and functions as assigned to the best of his/her ability.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Knowledge of maritime mechanical systems
- Implement and monitor OSHA safety protocol
- Knowledge of mechanical systems components such as valves, bearings, gears, remote operators, couplings, system alignment, etc.
- Fully versed in the use of all types of precision measuring instruments such as calipers, micrometers, dial indicators, and torque wrenches
- Ability to read and interpret electrical diagrams, sketches, written technical instructions and manuals, and design recommendations
- Working knowledge of trade mathematics and formulas in order to calculate torque conversion, pressure and temperature specifications, etc.
- Ability to troubleshoot, disassemble, clean, assess, and inspect marine systems including but not limited to Mercury, Yamaha, Johnson/Evinrude, Volvo, Westerbeke, and Kohler.
- Valid Driver’s License and satisfactory driving record
- Outboard Certification (Mercury, Yamaha, Johnson/Evinrude preferred)
- Additional related mechanical or electrical experience
- High school or equivalent education
- Prior marine mechanic experience necessary
TO APPLY FOR EITHER OF THESE AMAZING OPPORTUNITIES, PLEASE VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT WWW.BASECAMPHOSPITALITY.COM/CAREERS