This position will work closely with the OEM Account Manager to sell Honda outboard motors and rigging accessories to OEM Boat Builders, Commercial Boat builders and Government agencies (OEM Customers). Manage the application process of the boat/motor assemblies by providing onsite technical assistance and training of factory personnel. Review Bills of Materials and influence Boat Builder product lines to use Honda components. Work closely with the Boat Builders to create performance data reporting. Support Boat Builder sales events. Seek new Boat Builders to fill gaps in the marketplace. Build close relationships with key boat builder staff. Be an information resource for OEM's, Dealers, and internal customers. Retrieve marketplace information of Honda products performance in order to improve products for the future. Identify and target best opportunities for Honda engines in the market place and to work with OEM's to ensure Honda's engines are installed and demonstrate to OEM's, to ensure proper Honda engine application for chosen OEM's products through detailed technical instrumentation and testing of the engine installed on the products. Application Engineer will work closely with Honda entities and OEM's to ensure success, growth and regulation adherence (R &D, Manufacturing, Sales, and other entities)
- Provide technical support and engine matching support to OEM Boat Builder partners
- Product testing and Performance Bulletin data collection
- Ten years of experience in the Marine Industry with an emphasis on sales and application engineering.
- Dealership and Customer Service experience desirable
- Good working knowledge of the marine industry, marine industry products, excellent understanding of marine internal combustion engines, marine drive lines, engine matching, propeller selection, boat operation and marine rigging
- Must be able to operate Engine and boat monitoring equipment, VOM, Computer
- Must be experienced in trailering large boats over long distances and posses a current Driver's License with a good driving record
- Basic Hand and Power tools, Radar Gun, GPS, decibel meter and precision tools
- The ability to deal with people and complex issues is required for this position
- Good inter-personal skills and the ability to communicate at all levels with internal or external personnel
- Must be motivated along with strong negotiation skills
- Working knowledge of P/C computer systems and all common office program application for reporting
Click on link to apptly https://hondana.taleo.net/careersection/jobdetail.ftl?job=AHM0004OX&lang=en#.XcrrGjJ1U2I.email
American Honda Motor Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected factor.