Is This Job “The One” For You?
Do you consider yourself a strong leader who is able to energize and motivate a team to go beyond the status quo?
Do you have a solid history of providing a top notch experience for your customers, employees, and trusted partners?
Can you demonstrate a proven history of exceeding sales goals with innovation, relationship building, and creating brand loyalty?
Do you often find yourself coming up with fresh and innovative ideas to meet and exceed direct customer and end customer wants and needs?
What You Will Enjoy Doing
This position is responsible for will be responsible for leading our Marine Sales team and identifying new product needs and market opportunities within the North American Marine market. Primary responsibilities are to lead a high performing Marine Sales team to grow our business while continuing the meet and exceed our customers ever increasing expectations.
- Ensures our customers receive the highest level of focus and support leading to ITC being recognized as a premier supply partner across all marine product categories.
- Acts as a strategic partner and provides direction that identifies growth and realignment opportunities to achieve sales goals and growth objectives.
- Drives the team to work in partnership with our customers to develop the most innovative products that meet and exceed our customer’s expectations.
- Works with customers and sales team members to submit forecasting information.
- Works closely with engineering team and other partners to coordinate, develop, and deliver product solutions for customers.
- Responsible for maintaining a cumulative marine opportunity pipeline.
- Directs activities of our independent Sales Representatives that support our customers outside of our house account territory.
- Coordinates trade show planning and preparation of booth and other show material.
- Make corporate, product and market presentations utilizing various forms of media.
- Work with Marketing and Management to define and execute Marketing strategies to strengthen Marine presence and brand awareness.
- Coordinate resolution of customer complaints by investigating problems, working with our internal teams to develop solutions, preparing reports, and making recommendations to management and customers.
What You Need for the Job
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, or equivalent level of education and experience required.
- 5+ years minimum relevant sales and/or sales management experience, in the marine industry. OEM sales experience preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership experience of both accounts and personnel resulting in increased performance and customer and team growth.
- Technical capability, especially with regard to 12-volt lighting and lighting control is preferred.
- Highly motivated, self-starter.
- Driven to succeed and win in the marketplace.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Computer: Skilled in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and Power Point).
- Familiarity with ERP and CRM systems.
- Ability to work well with others across a broad spectrum of education and experiences.
- Travel will be required to support the needs of our customers. Travel is estimated at 25% and currently limited to North America.
- Physical demands are those of a typical office environment.
What’s In It For You
Our innovation doesn’t stop with products or services. This commitment to innovation carries through to employee benefits and perks.
Employees of ITC enjoy a competitive benefits package including company sponsored health insurance, life insurance, 401k, education reimbursement, performance incentive program, employer sponsored community involvement opportunities, company events, and voluntary benefit programs such as dental, vision, short and long term disability, and additional life insurance.
After just 60 days, employees are eligible for health insurance with a competitive premium contribution for both single and family coverage. Employees who have been with the company more than 5 years have their health insurance premium reduced.
Our 401k plan through Principal Financial Group, is very competitive and offers a 3% match on the first 3% you contribute and another 1% if you contribute 5% of your earnings and is immediately 100% vested. In addition, Principal hosts on-site, bi-monthly education meetings and provides one-on-one investment support and education at no cost to employees.
Paid Time Off (PTO) and paid Holidays are part of our Employee Benefits as well. Employees get paid time off after only 6 months of employment. Holidays are an immediate benefit with ITC. There is no need to wait for probationary periods to end.
We believe in developing our employees and providing them with tools and opportunities that make them successful at their jobs. We also know that increasing employee growth potential and providing skills for advancement are important to today’s engaged workforce. That is why we provide 12 hours annually of paid job enhancement training for each employee which is typically completed during the working day.
We understand that family commitments can sometimes lead to work interruptions. We work with our employees to provide as much flexibility as possible so you can take care of important family matters.
We are always looking at new ways we can enhance the employee experience.
What our Employees Said in a Blind Survey
“Employees are highly loyal, hardworking, and collaborate well together. The employees at ITC are all trying to the “right” things for the betterment of the company. Ownership and the Leaders care deeply about the success of the employees at ITC.”
“Family oriented, employee powered, open door, all ideas welcome to make things run smoother.”
“We care about our customers and each other. Even as we grow we fight to keep that small company feel. The upper management cares about each of us.”
“A friendly team environment.”
“Very family oriented and a fun place to work.”
“I enjoy the challenges of the work and seeing improvements to the company from our joint efforts.”
ITC’s Strong Cultural Foundation and Community Involvement
ITC Incorporated is an innovative family owned business which offers its employees a friendly, energized, and team oriented work environment.
ITC is built on three core values:
1) Develop customer relationships by listening and building trust;
2) Provide innovative, value oriented products and services; and
3) Create an atmosphere of mutual respect and commitment with employees.
We recognize that our continued success depends upon nurturing a culture in which the personal dedication of our employees leads to technological excellence in our products and services. Providing an environment which fosters collaboration, innovation, respect, and growth is of utmost importance to ITC.
ITC uses its growth in profitability to expand its mission of supporting the community through charitable contributions, by funding an employee run Caring and Sharing Committee. In 2017, the Caring and Sharing Committee funded and encouraged employee participation in several worthy projects, including Community Action House Holiday Donation Drive, Toys for Tots, Kid’s Food Basket Sack Suppers, Michigan CASA Backpack Buddies, Hope Water Project in Kenya, the Harbor Humane Society, and the Boys and Girls Club of Greater Holland. In 2018, the committee has organized monthly Cooking for a Cause. Each department cooks lunch for other employees in exchange for a donation to a charity of the departments choice. Also planned is support of several other great causes that enrich our communities as well as employee’s experiences.
Ready to join us? Apply online at https://recruiting.paylocity.com/recruiting/jobs/Details/596171/ITC-Inc/Marine-Business-Manager.