New York/Connecticut – Western Long Island Sound
Precision Marine Center is seeking to add a talented individual to our team who is a qualified and experienced marine systems technician. Based in New Rochelle, NY., Precision Marine is the premier New York metropolitan area marine propulsion, electronics and systems service facility. We service boats both on-site at our waterfront facility as well as along the northern shoreline of the Western Long Island Sound. In business for more than thirty years, Precision Marine has well-earned reputation not only for the quality of service provided, but as an excellent company to work for and to further one's career.
We are currently seeking qualified candidates who are proficient in the troubleshooting, installation and maintenance of on-board marine systems. This includes water systems, both AC and DC electrical components, pumps for both potable and sanitation applications, as well as mechanical and hydraulic steering and controls. Technicians will be expected to perform tasks under direct or limited supervision with the ability to diagnose and correct issues in conjunction with the support staff at Precision Marine HQ. Experience with electronics and more advanced systems is a plus, and factory/industry training will be provided for qualified candidates.
Types of equipment to be serviced and installed:
- Potable Water Systems
- DC & Electrical Systems
- Pump systems
- Steering and control systems
- Air conditioning and refrigeration systems
- Applicant should possess at least 3 years of relevant job experience in the pleasure boat industry
- The ability to use and operate electrical diagnostic tools
- Strong understanding of DC theory and operation
- Be physically fit— Work environment involves carrying 15-55 lbs. of equipment, climbing ladders, and exposure to engine rooms and the elements.
- ABYC Electrical Certification
- ABYC Marine Systems Certification
- NMEA MEI/AMEI or NMEA2000 Certifications
We offer a VERY competitive salary that is commensurate with employee experience, ranging from $65,000 to $90,000 per year along with health insurance, paid factory & industry training, retirement plan, paid vacation and a great environment to work in. If interested, please send a resume/CV as well as any questions to email@example.com.