Lockwood Boat Works - Central Jersey’s premiere Marina is in need of a Marine Electrician and Marine Mechanics to join our winning team. We are 70+ years in business and have a strong customer base
This candidate would be responsible for projects to examine, estimate, repair, refurbish electrical systems on vessels brought to our facility. ABYC certification(s) is a plus as you would be required to install, repair, and maintain electrical systems in accordance with Electric Code(s). We need an experienced technician that can trouble shoot and resolve electrical and electronic issues.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Inspect electrical systems, equipment, or parts to spot hazards, defects, or the necessity for adjustment or repair, and to confirm compliance with codes
- Work on installation, maintenance, repair and replacement of marine electrical (AC/DC) and electronic systems for powerboats and sailboats
- Strong client service skills to communicate with manufacturers and clients on technical aspects for recommending, ordering, supplying and installing.
- Should be familiar with systems on the removal and installation to include but not limited to HVAC ducting, piping, cabling,
- Install Marine Electronic systems including Ray-marine, Garmin, Wifi, Bluetooth, Sea-talk systems including recommending, estimating and installing
- Knowledge of mechanical work on O\B’s, I\O’s, Inboard gas and diesels engines helpful for assistance during winterizations and commissioning as needed.
- We are looking for an individual with a minimum of five years of recent expertise as a marine skilled worker in a reputable workplace.
- Some Physical requirements include -- Climb and work at heights up to 20 feet on vertical or inclined ladders, Carry a tool bag weighing 20-30 pounds, Lift and carry equipment & material weighing 40-50 pounds
- Installation of Marine Electronic systems including Ray-marine, Garmin, Wifi, Bluetooth, Sea talk systems.
Inboard, Gas, Diesel, Outboard, I\O, So. Amboy NJ. We are certified in Yamaha, Mercury, Merc-Cruiser, Volvo Penta. Experience required. Full time position, year-round. Family Business, Clean marina with good working environment. Must have your own tools.
Salary dependent on experience. Send resume to email@example.com OR fax 732-525-8209.
Lockwood Boat Works, Inc.
1825 Highway #35 – Morgan
South Amboy, NJ 08879