Chris Electronics is a servicing marine electronics dealer catering to commercial fishing, recreational and marine transportation industries all over New England and along the East Coast. With a long standing reputation of over 40 years in the industry, Chris Electronics has established itself as the area’s leader in marine electronic sales, installations and repairs. We are looking for an experienced marine electronics technician with growth opportunities into a management role available.”
Possess a demonstrated knowledge of the principles of electricity, electronics, shipboard and/or shore installation procedures and shop practices.
· Install cables in shipboard cableways using approved methods. This requires the ability to climb shipboard ladders, physically pull the cable and navigate narrow passageways and knowledge of proper installation methods.
· Ability to read and interpret blueprints, installation drawings, technical manuals, handbooks and other technical documentation.
· Possess sufficient technical skills to work independently or as a member of a team of installers.
· Lift heavy objects up to 50 pounds and subject to prolonged standing and kneeling.
· Work at heights up to 50 feet above the deck using proper safety equipment.
· Good housekeeping habits, strict adherence to safety regulations, and frequent overtime are required; travel is required.
· Inspect and test electrical systems and equipment to locate and diagnose malfunctions, using visual inspections, testing devices, and computer software.
· Refer to schematics and manufacturers' specifications that show connections and provide instructions on how to locate problems.
· Splice wires and solder connections to fixtures, outlets, and equipment.
· Install new fuses, electrical cables, or power sources as required.
· Install, operate and troubleshoot various marine navigation software.
· Reassemble and test equipment after repairs.
· Cut openings and drill holes for fixtures, outlet boxes, and fuse holders.
· Measure, cut, and install frameworks and conduit to support and connect wiring, control panels, and junction boxes.
· Confer with customers to determine the nature of malfunctions.
· Complete other projects as assigned.
Marine Electronics we work with:
· Radars, sonars, fish finders
· Computers, software
· GPS, autopilot, navigation, satellite compass
· Radios, VHF, communication systems
· VMS, satellite phones
· Electrical systems
· High School Diploma or equivalent
· 4 years related work experience
· FCC GROL License with radar endorsement
· Computer Skills, Microsoft Office
· Customer Service
· Problem solving
· Competitive pay (weekly)
· Health Insurance
· Paid Time off
· Company Cell phone
Job Type: Full Time Employee
Level: Advanced, experienced
Location: New Bedford, MA
Travel: Required. Must have valid driver’s license
Email resumes to Angelique Castriano, email@example.com or call 508-994-8257 for more information.Chris Electronics Corp, 255 MacArthur Dr, New Bedford, MA 02740