Do you want to be part of a well-established, growing company with full benefits and an employee-focused culture? Are you a highly motivated team player with experience as a Marine Electronics Technician? If so, we may be what you're looking for. High Seas Technology is a navigation and communication company located in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. For over 40 years, we have served the yachting community by supplying, installing, and servicing navigation and communication equipment. As part of the Bradford Marine family of companies, we offer competitive pay and family-friendly benefits to all our employees.
The Marine Electronics Technician supports electrical and electronics installations, service, and troubleshooting. They will travel approximately 95% locally to vessels; occasionally, you may be requested to travel out of the state or out of the country. Tasks will vary and include installation, service, and equipment troubleshooting. We’re looking for a team-oriented customer-focused technician who is able to communicate effectively.
- The installation of marine electronics equipment such as Radars, Satellite TV systems, autopilots, GPS, and other electronics aboard boats and yachts
- Test, troubleshoot, and replace electronic components as needed
- Load, update, and modify the software as required
- The ability to perform customer orientations and train customers on the proper operation of electronics
- The ability to train employees on proper installation techniques
- Accurately read and understand technical documentation
- Performs other duties as assigned
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- ABYC or NMEA Certification is preferred.
- Federal Communications Commission (FCC) License (preferred).
- Two years minimum experience on yachts in one of the following fields: Marine Electrical, Electronic, Communication, Audio Visual Installation, and Troubleshooting.
- Driver's License and good driving record (required).
- Retirement Plans with a Company Match
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Real-Time Awards Program and more…
We are dedicated to building an employee-focused culture, one where employees feel a sense of belonging and are valued for their contributions and the perspectives they bring.
Interested? Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org