Lanier Technical College Hall County Campus is conducting a search for a full-time, salaried, benefit-eligible position. NOTE: A background check and employer/professional reference check are part of the selection process. Please contact Human Resources at 770-533-6903 or firstname.lastname@example.org if any assistance/accommodation is needed in the application/interview process.
POSITION: MARINE ENGINE TECHNOLOGY Program Director & Instructor Hall County Campus
REPORTS TO: Dean of Applied Technology
SALARY RANGE: Upper $50’s - Mid $60’s, depending on education, qualifications, and experience
Under general supervision, develops program and course outlines, goals and objectives; Prepares lesson plans for classroom instruction for credited marine engine technology courses; Evaluates students’ progress in attaining goals and objectives; Requests and maintains supplies and equipment and prepares required budget requests; Maintains program certification requirements, as appropriate; Prepares and maintains all required documentation and administrative reports; Ensures safety and security requirements are met in the training area; Meets with students, staff members and other educators to discuss students’ instructional programs and other issues impacting the progress of the students; Assists with recruitment, retention and job placement efforts. Work with Dean to coordinate adjunct instructors; Manages administrative responsibilities related to scheduling, developing syllabi and teaching courses. Also performs various duties as Program Director, i.e. responsible for management of all adjunct personnel and provides all information to complete various departmental and College reports. Will assure that all programmatic standards are met. Responsible for administrative duties related to student advisement, advisory committee meetings, and program development. Other duties as assigned by Dean.
Technical diploma in Marine Technology (or a related field) from a regionally accredited college or university, and three (3) years’ work experience in a position related to marine engine technology. Must be credentialed to satisfy all appropriate accrediting bodies for the courses assigned.
· A comprehensive knowledge of Marine Engine service, including experience with maintenance, diagnosis, troubleshooting and repair
· Knowledge of pedagogical practice and theory
· Ability to work flexible hours, and juggle multiple & competing priorities
· Knowledge of the mission of postsecondary technical education
· Knowledge of academic course standards, and LTC’s academic programs
· Skill to work and communicate cooperatively with students, faculty, and staff
· Skill in the preparation and delivery of classroom content
· Ability to handle administrative responsibilities related to teaching of courses, data collection, and reporting for license agency, accreditation agencies, and the College.
· Skill in the operation of computers and job-related software programs
· Effective oral and written communication skills, decision-making and problem-solving skills.
Preferred Qualifications (in addition to minimum & technical competencies):
- An Associate’s degree in a Marine Engine Technology or closely related field
- Manufacturer Certified in multiple marine engine lines (Honda Marine, Suzuki Marine, Mercury Marine, Volvo Penta, or Yamaha Marine)
- Knowledge of Blackboard (Learning Management System)
APPLICATION: Submit your information via our online job center at: Team Georgia Careers
Lanier Technical College is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, national or ethnic origin, gender, religion, disability, age, political affiliation or belief, genetic information, disabled veteran, veteran of the Vietnam Era, or citizenship status (except in those circumstances permitted or mandated by law).