Allied Marine Services LLC, an AMS Group, Inc. company, has an immediate need for a Marine Sales Engineer to work out of our Stevensville, MD. Office. If you are a passionate technical professional that would like to expand career in technical sales, we invite you to apply. This is your opportunity to join a fast-growing company offering a competitive salary and benefits. You will be responsible for military and commercial marine equipment sales for Allied Marine Services. The successful candidate will demonstrate a strong technical understanding of the products and equipment that we sell. He/she will employ a consultative sales approach, working directly with the equipment OEM and the customer to help define requirements and ensure that the offered product complies with all applicable specifications and contractual terms. This position involves developing long-term relationships with new and existing customers, demonstrating a clear understanding of their needs, both when maintaining existing systems and also when selling new technologies.
- Engineering experience in the military (preferably U.S. Navy or U.S. Coast Guard) or maritime industry. Preferred two (2) years of successful technical service, technical sales, sales engineering, engineering or field sales support experience which may be included within the overall 5 years minimum experience.
- Must have a valid Driver's License, USA Passport, acceptable Motor Vehicle Record. Ability to get a TWIC card is required.
· Must be physically fit enough to board and work on ships while in dry dock or afloat.
- Able to bend, squat, crawl, climb,lift, carry, push/pull weights up to 50 lbs
- Basic understanding of CAD software desirable
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Actively sell and support Allied Marine Services products and technology to both established and new customers.
- Prepare and present bids and quotations to customers using company guidelines.
Provide technical support to customers; identify and resolve customer challenges.
- Provide routine support with spare parts and systems identification to customers.
- Provide support in reviewing, researching, writing and submitting project bids and proposals.
· Assist in developing cost estimates and delivery schedules
· Review, check and compile information, verify data for accuracy, completeness and compliance with the project specification(s).
-Travel to ships and shipyards at conus and o-conus locations for technical sales and in support of product service requirements.
- Work closely with customers to assist in requirement definition and system design.
- Understand business needs and recommend new products and maintenance strategies.
- Develop strong relationships with key stakeholders in the military and commercial marine business and with our suppliers, both in the United States and abroad.
- Collect, analyze, and utilize market intelligence regarding competitive products, customer needs, preferences, and buying habits.
Assist with project mobilization, request shipping estimates, work with shipping agents and the customer to ensure on time and cost-effective deliveries.
Assist Service Engineer with service calls on ships and shipyards at US and International locations.
Plan and attend promotional events and presentations with distributor personnel to promote Allied Marine’s
Job Type: Full-time
- Sales: 2 years (Required)
- Less than 1 month
Send resume and cover letter to: TTracy@AMSGROUP.net