Small Chesapeake Bay-area boatyard is seeking a full-time marine service manager to expand our team and its capabilities. The service manager will be tasked with managing the existing 10-person team of technicians and laborers while simultaneously seeking out and training new employees from multiple trades. This is an excellent opportunity to create and cultivate a team for a growing boatyard.
The marine service manager’s job responsibilities include:
· Develop customer relations through consistent, efficient communication
· Attract and retain new customers
· Produce cost estimates
· Schedule and track repairs and service
· Manage employee hours and minimize non-billable work
· Review work performed and ensure quality
· Maintain work safety standards
· Identify workforce needs and fulfill employment voids
· Source training opportunities for employees
The marine service manager should have a technical background with experience diagnosing and repairing vessel systems. The ideal candidate will have at least five to 10 years of marine industry work experience that includes management and/or supervision. A valid driver’s license is required.
This is a full-time position with benefits that include paid time off and health insurance. Starting salary is $60,000 to $70,000 plus performance-based bonuses.
Please email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.