Dometic Marine provides boaters and the boating industry with a wide range of products designed to deliver on one very important promise – Mobile Living Made Easy.
Dometic Marine offers steering systems for crafts of all types and sizes. From basic mechanical or hydraulic systems to advanced Electric Power Steering and power-assisted steering capable of integrating with advanced Optimus joystick control, Dometic Marine has steering covered.
Among Dometic Marine’s many product offerings are systems designed to enhance the comfort and convenience of life on the water. These include sanitation, air conditioning and heating systems for vessels of all sizes and configurations, as well as refrigerators, powered coolers and cooking systems that help make time on the water more pleasant for both recreational and professional mariners.
Location: Stuart, Florida
What we offer
We are now looking for a Marine Systems Designer to the Engineering Department.
This position works remotely, visiting our customers (boat manufacturers) to design electrical digital switching systems that will be manufactured at our facility. This will include the development of drawings using CAD for assemblies and wire harnesses. It will also include troubleshooting to define and correct any issues that may occur.
We especially are recruiting someone in the mid-eastern and Atlantic states to include North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Virginia due to the high population of boat builders. We are looking for two candidates, so other regions will be considered as well.
We are narrowing our search to only include those with previous marine industry experience.
- Design custom boat electrical systems for OEM boat builders.
- Gather electrical load lists and ensure electrical system meeting industry standards.
- Find, apply, and integrate off the shelf electrical components and digital switching products.
- Detailed design assemblies and custom electrical distribution panel boards for electrical distributions, user interface, and battery management.
- Detailed design boat harnesses and interconnections.
- Configure digital switching and multi-function displays.
- Conduct design and manufacturing reviews with various stakeholders.
- Create production specifications including bill of material, production drawings.
- Create OEM production documentation package and support OEM service manual documentation package for the electrical systems.
- Commission and integrate boat electrical systems into OEM boats.
- Train workers in customer production, in-house production, and dealer for electrical installation and servicing.
- Support in-house operations, after sales technical support and field trouble shooting.
- Coordinate with customers, internal and external resources, and operation for the flawless execution, including project planning, prototype builds, pilot production, and change management.
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within product cost target.
- Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders, ensuring technical and schedule feasibility.
- Maintain and report design schedule by monitoring project progress, coordinating activities, allocating resources and resolving problems.
- Establish and maintain relationships with the customers, product management, third parties/vendors, operations, and all stakeholders.
- The above responsibilities are covered by the System Design Team, likely not a single person.
- Travel to boat builders and field-testing facilities, up to 15% of the time.
- Complete additional job duties and assignments up to 15% of the time.
Qualifications and Experience
We believe that the ideal candidate has the following qualifications and experiences:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Professional demeanor whether in person, via email or on the telephone.
- Strong problem-solving and detail-oriented abilities.
- Well-developed organizational skills with the ability to manage a variety of tasks.
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a strong team.
- Strong mechanical aptitude and prior boating experience.
- Strong proficiency with MS Office programs including: Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint; and, the ability to learn other applications quickly.
- Strong proficiency with 2D CAD / illustration programs, such as AutoCAD, DraftSight, Corel Draw, Visio, other drafting programs with native DWG outputs.
- Previous experience with system design, new product launches, manufacturing, or technical customer support.
- ABYC Certification.
To be successful in this role, you understand the importance of our core values - We are passionate, We act responsibly, We are building together and We embrace change; these values reflect the heart and soul of Dometic and they define what it takes to work here and how we do things.
In addition to embracing our core values, we believe that you possess the following skills, competencies & characteristics:
- Must have minimum 5 years working experience in boat design, production boat building, preferably relating to boat electrical.
- Qualifications in Electrical, Mechanical, Electro-Mechanical, or Marine Engineering.
MDI is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Job Type: Full-time
Is this the perfect match for you? Please apply as soon as possible by sending your application to email@example.com.