The technician will be responsible for rebuilding and performing repair work on marine transmissions using hand and power tools. The technician must regularly inspect and test equipment to diagnose problems, as well as address marine propulsion system installation issues on inboard applications. We specialize in ZF, Twin Disc, Velvet Drive, Hurth, Kanzaki, Volvo, PCM, Walters and PRM.
Skills and competencies
· High attention to detail with a good memory and ability to learn quickly.
· Analytical with creative and effective problem-solving skills.
· Manual dexterity, good hand-eye coordination, and be physically fit.
· Ability to read schematics, exploded diagrams, and repair manuals.
· Responsible and careful in work to prevent injuries and equipment damage.
· Must be self-directed, organized, and able to train new technicians.
· Must be able to keep tools and work area clean and organized.
· Effective, professional, and clear communication in person, in writing and over the phone.
· Strong customer service skills with the ability to write customer work orders and repair estimates.
· Must have computer skills.
· Should be available to attend training classes as needed.
· Should have the ability to use dial calipers, depth micrometers, and dial indicators.
· Ability to use shop equipment such as overhead hoist, solvent tank, bead blaster, hot spray cabinet, and transmission test stands.
· Must be able to perform precision work consistently, multitask, and follow established policies and procedures.
· Machining experience is helpful, as well as knowledge of inboard propulsion systems.
· Must be punctual and dependable.
Full-time, Benefits, Salary DOE
Interested candidates respond to Deirdre@harbormarine.net