Teak Isle Manufacturing is the premier designer and manufacturer of custom OEM parts for the Marine Industry. Over 200 of the nation’s most well-respected boat builders depend on Teak Isle for their custom acrylic, high-density polyethylene, solid surface, and custom cabinetry. We work closely with the boat company engineering and design teams. This is an opportunity for a technically inclined, motivated individual to join our Orlando, Florida based sales team.
· Assisting the Sales Team with follow-through of customer projects
- Dedication to excellent customer service
- Being organized and able to manage multiple projects from concept to completion
- Working closely with boat manufacturing engineers and sales teams
- Calculating product prices; part entry into our pricing systems
- Assisting in planning for trade shows and attending 2-3 shows per year
- Assisting in marketing - including writing press releases, posting on social media sites, and contributing content to marine industry magazines and TV shows
- Processing engineering changes to parts in our various systems
Qualified Applicants will have / demonstrate:
- Good general knowledge of boats and boat components.
- Strong technical aptitude with an engineering background preferred.
- Being technically inclined and interested in mechanical design to help develop innovative new products.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to deal with customers, vendors, and coworkers in a professional and friendly manner.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Word, and Excel.
- References within the industry.
OEM SALES REPRESENTATIVE
As the OEM sales representative, you’ll be the face of the company. Our reps carry the responsibility of developing new business opportunities without losing the focus on our existing OEM customers. Some travel is required in order to facilitate face-to-face meetings and build solid working relationships with our customers. Position is salary-based with a commission incentive, and offers a competitive benefits package.
· Identify, pursue, and develop new sales opportunities
· Maintain contact with existing customers on a regular basis to ensure their satisfaction
· Communicate with our engineering and prototype departments to relay design needs
· Assist with pricing of new designs and projects
· Acknowledge, record, and update any change requests in necessary systems
· Attend and work trade shows
· Travel, occasionally on short notice; Approximately 15-20%
· Professional, approachable relationship builder
· Able to thrive in a fast-paced “get-it-done” work environment
· Confident, social leader who “works the room” when given the opportunity
· High work ethic; dedication to customer service and respect for others
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
Qualified Applicants will have /demonstrate:
· Experience working in the marine industry; must be able to demonstrate a technical aptitude and know your way around boats and/or boat manufacturing
· College degree is preferred. Some college coursework may be substituted by relevant work experience
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office; Word, Excel, Outlook
· Ability to read/interpret basic product drawings
· CAD and/or engineering experience a plus
· A good driving record
· References within the industry
Applicants MUST include a personal letter with your resume explaining why you are interested in and qualified for this position.