Established in 1936, Rex Marine is one of the largest and most respected full-service marinas in the Northeast. Continuously operated by the Gardella family, our fine crew of marine professionals is second to none. Rex Marine, located in Norwalk, CT, is the only marina in Connecticut to receive Mercury Marine’s CSI Award for Outstanding Customer Service- two years in a row. We are looking for a Parts Department Counterperson and a Marine Service Technician.
Parts Department Counterperson
Have Parts Counterperson or Parts Dept Management experience? We are looking to add a full-time, year-round person to our team to help with our very busy, and growing business.
- Have a genuine desire to take great care of our customers.
- Understand the importance of assisting our Service Technicians.
- You must have Parts Dept. experience and success as a Parts Counterperson.
- While boating experience is a plus, understanding parts ID and look-up processes is the essential requirement.
- Have a mechanical inclination & mechanical aptitude to be able to determine parts needs of our customers and service technicians.
- A positive, can-do, helpful personality is important. You will be selling engine parts & accessories.
- Other duties will include processing incoming orders and inventory management.
Compensation: $18.00-$26.00/hr DOE. Full Time position, with benefits.
Information Verification and Pre-Employment Screening:
Your reply to this ad must include:
- Resume/work experiences
- Describe boating experience if applicable
- Must have Driver’s License. Not having one will not disqualify you, but must be disclosed.
- Personal References are Required
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information.
Marine Service Tech
The Marine Service Technician is responsible for performing diagnostics, repairs, & maintenance as efficiently as possible while ensuring quality work. Rex Marine Center is a well-established marina, and boat dealer, in Fairfield County, CT.
Preferred Candidate: (will consider others with less experience, high aptitude, and the right attitude for success):
- Has minimum 3 years’ full-time experience with powerboats up to 45’. An experienced tech is expected to be qualified to work without close supervision.
- Owns appropriate hand tools for required work. ‘Special’ tools are provided.
- Is Mercury Outboard, Mercruiser, Suzuki or Yamaha Certified. Bare minimum: Solid Mercury, Yamaha, Mercruiser or other inboard engine competence. Experience with diesel inboards a desirable plus.
- Must genuinely CARE about pleasing our customers, possessing a natural desire to satisfy our customers. You will be absolutely committed to continuous self-improvement, providing matchless service at all times.
- Will be reliable and trustworthy, with energy and enthusiasm. You want to be a caring & productive contributor to our service team.
- Will have 3 years of computer-based diagnostic experience, with the skills and aptitude to utilize and increase your proficiency using software-based diagnostic systems. (will consider others with less experience, high aptitude, and the right attitude for success)
- Be willing/able to attend Company Paid Training, at least once annually.
- Will have valid Auto Driver’s license. Not having one will not disqualify you, but must be disclosed.
- Has, or willing to obtain, State-Issued Safe Boating Certificate. Ability to safely & competently operate power boats up to 30’ is a very desirable plus.
- Desires a full-time, year-round position.
Hours: Monday-Friday, 8:00 – 4:30; must be willing to work overtime hours when asked by Service Manager at peak demand times (April – November), minimum of 2 Saturdays (1/2 day, 8:00 – 12:30) per month are required, plus limited overtime weekday hours during peak demand.
Compensation: Hourly compensation: $18-$32/hr DOE, plus generous Incentive plan, details upon request. Performance and Salary review will be conducted after 60 days. Overtime after 40 hours per week worked. Full-time, year-around position offers Paid vacation and Holidays, Paid Personal/Sick days, 401K employer-matching program, and Medical/dental Insurance benefit.
Information Verification and Pre-Employment Screening: Candidate entering final stage of hiring process is required to complete a brief Online Skills Evaluation and explicitly authorize us to conduct pre- employment screening. Among information reviewed shall be criminal record, SSN verification, prior employer & education verification. Required references and previous employers will be contacted. Please contact email@example.com for additional information.