Working on site at are our headquarters in Tampa, FL (Oldsmar border), responsible for the accumulation and compilation of product failure and technical information. Produce technical reports, reports of miss-assembly relevant to product improvement. Produce/conduct information surveys. Perform necessary product/component testing to assist SMC Japan in resolving product quality issues. Perform evaluation testing of new products as required. Provide technical assistance to other departments to help them achieve their operational goals.
- Minimum 1 year experience as a Technical Representative of a manufacturer or distributor, or experience as a Marine Technician at the dealer level.
- High school diploma
- Bachelor’s degree with emphasis on Marine Technology and Business Management
- Major manufacturer’s formal training/certification
DISTRICT SALES MANAGER
Working remote from a home office, the District Sales Manager will manage sales and client relationships in the geographic territory of Alaska, Idaho, Montana, Washington and Wyoming. Responsible for using consultative selling skills to assist dealers throughout the area to achieve the assigned retail sales, wholesale sales and inventory level goals and achieve new dealer acquisitions. Communicate sales programs, market conditions and competitive advantages to each dealer in the district. Make recommendations to improve retail sales, increase efficiency to generate profitable dealerships (both Full-line and PREP+) in the district. Assist with the control of inventory and analyze information to release or transfer product to the correct dealer resulting in maximum sales and inventory turns. Assist with the creative development of advertising programs as well as getting maximum participation in company created promotions. Motivate dealers to participate in boat shows or open houses to maximize the exposure of Suzuki product in the district. Conduct sales and product training with dealer principles and employees to increase their knowledge of the Suzuki Marine product line and instruct them on the most effective methods to sell the retail customer. Considering the size of the territory including overnight travel, boat shows, and meetings some weekend work is expected.
- Must live within the district, preferrable WA state
- 5 plus years as a field salesperson, district manager and/or equivalent retail management
- Experience in the Marine or related industry.
Working from our Tampa office headquarters, in a team setting, write, edit and produce technical publications such as service bulletins, safety recalls, factory modification campaigns, reference guides, Rigging / Set Up Manuals, Service Manuals and any other related technical publications for Suzuki dealers, internal staff and field service personnel (District Technical Service Managers).
- Maintain digital and print service libraries on Suzuki Connect, Service Operation Drop Box and other distribution systems, as well as tracking changes utilizing "Back Office" software.
- Work with third party vendors and distribution warehouses on publication related matters.
- Work with print suppliers, digital resource library suppliers and IT personnel within the company. Also required for producing technical training curriculum and service publications.
As secondary responsibilities, will lecture and supervise students enrolled in the instructor-led courses in lab troubleshooting exercises; coordinate with Suzuki Technical Service Managers (TSMs) instructor-led training at the company training centers in Tampa, FL, Brea, CA and Mechanicsburg, PA or other locations; and, in a team setting, assist in the design and production of technical service training for on-line computer based, and instructor led programs.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism or a Technical field (i.e. Engineering). Or technical trade school graduate with emphasis on marine or power sports.
- 1 year experience in a Training or Publication capacity
- Proficiency with desktop publishing software and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong Project Management skills with the ability to coordinate multiple projects simultaneously to ensure completion within requested timelines.
- Ability to travel
Customer Service Administrator
Responsible for providing direct phone assistance to Suzuki Marine USA, LLC retail customers and dealers. Address and resolve retail customer and dealer concerns in a manner that is beneficial to Suzuki Marine USA, Suzuki dealers and Suzuki retail customers. Use customer service skills to ensure that all departmental responsibilities are met in an effective, efficient and professional manner. Interact with various internal and external customers to perform research, analysis and to complete urgent tasks and projects.
- High school diploma, Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Knowledge of customer services ethics, principles, and procedures
- Proficiency in administrative and documentation procedures
- Able to use the computer extremely well
- Great written and verbal communication skills
- Patience when communicating with the customer
- Should be able to maintain their composure even if the customer is being rude
- Good listening skills, since most of the time, communication with the customers is done over the phone
- High attention to detail and documentation
- Versatility to adapt to the situation and issues regarding the customer