“Join America's premier boat builder, whose products are world renowned for their beauty and quality.”
Chris-Craft is an American icon in a class of its own. After 142 years, Chris-Craft remains a classic American story that continues today. Our strength and future growth depend on the contributions made by each person within our organization. We believe that outstanding people are the key to success!
We are looking for a talented Product Development Engineer to help design our new line of boats. If you’re interested in joining our team, please visit www.chriscraft.com/careers to apply on line.
Responsible for researching, generating, developing and implementing mechanical, electrical, laminate, and structural system designs for all Chris Craft products. Engineering will be performed to ensure designs are robust and manufacturing friendly. These systems must meet all necessary internal quality and supplier requirements and be executed to meet industry and regulatory requirements.
· Ensure reliable engineering and integration of boat systems to include but not limited to component development, plumbing, fuel systems, water systems, hardware development, mechanical component layouts. Ensure that designs meet all supplier, regulatory and internal quality standards and specifications.
· Ensure that equipment and component suppliers are consulted with during design and during the resolution of technical issues.
· Provide accurate material and component specification for the sourcing of new and replacement components.
· Ensure that new designs and components meet the cost, performance and functional requirements of the new and enhancement boat programs
· Work with suppliers on the development of new systems and components to ensure continuous improvement in the quality and value of our boats systems
· Development of new product ideas and systems in a form of 2D drawings and 3D CAD models prior to physical execution
· Generate engineering drawings for new designs and approve all prints for boat release
· Generate, review and approve engineering change notice’s (ECN) as required
· Participate in manufacturing integration activities to ensure successful launches of new products and technologies as well as continuous improvement activities.
· Support manufacturing and customer service on issues resolution
· Ensure that designs have been fully validated and that they meet necessary system specifications and performance requirements.
· Utilize warranty data to identify issues related to mechanical systems for mitigation purposes.
· Provide technical evaluations and reports on issues for customer service and field problems.
· Ensure compliance with all necessary industry, domestic and international government regulations.
· Ensure that all materials used in the manufacture of finished products have been tested and approved for quality and reliability.
· Perform final system design verification tests as needed
· Ensure timely and adequate completion of all applicable phases of project
· Must be willing to travel (minimum 10%).
· Bachelor’s degree in (Mechanical Engineering, Naval Architecture, Marine Engineering, related discipline) required
· Consideration will be given for candidates with significant work experience in lieu of education al requirements
· 3-5 years’ experience in marine product design preferred with knowledge of production processes.
· CAD experience; AutoCAD/Mechanical Desktop, Rhino NX, Catia or Pro E preferred
· 3-D modeling skills required
· Lean Six Sigma certification or experience is a plus
· Commitment to quality and standards that are accepted by the industry
· Must interface well with other employee’s and departments throughout Chris Craft as well as outside vendors, dealers and retail customers
· Must be able to work extra hours required to assume timely completion of critical projects
· Proficiency in PC based tools with a focus on Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, email and general web-based applications.
· Problem solving and decision-making ability
Chris-Craft is an Equal Opportunity Employer as well as a drug-free workplace. All offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen and background screen.