Located in Tarboro, North Carolina, World Cat builds catamaran powerboats we are proud to sell and recommend to friends and family. We are seeking a Product Development Engineer to continue our tradition of creating excellent products. This person is results oriented, innovative and analytical, with a drive for improvement. If you are a self-starting, self-motivating, goal-oriented risk taker looking for a fast-paced environment then World Cat is your home.
The job centers around developing new ideas, systems and technology, while also analyzing and improving on existing materials and methods. This job requires strong technical and analytical skills to develop solutions to problems in a timely manner according to scheduled development. Strong leadership and control of the work process from beginning to end is necessary. A high level of expertise is expected and the ability to spot and correct errors early in the process is important. Work must be done correctly the first time, while always focusing on accomplishing the goal on-time and on-budget and demanding the highest quality work from co-workers. The broad scope of the job demands a factual, direct and authoritative style of communication.
Primary responsibilities and duties:
● Design, engineer and communicate buildable solutions to Manufacturing, ME’s and PDE Team
● Support ME’s as necessary for ongoing production
● Participate in model year change, cost saving and process improvement activities
● Product life cycle support Materials through Vendor Part Specification (VPS)
● Create and maintain BOM during Engineering phases
● Engineer assigned functional areas on many projects
● Minimum 5-years boat design / engineering experience
● Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or other engineering discipline preferred
● Strong computer skills in 3D CAD (Solid Edge or Rhino preferred)
To Apply: Email resume to Judy Contreras – firstname.lastname@example.org or mail resume to World Cat 1090 West St James ST, Tarboro, NC 27886