Yamaha Motor Corporation, USA is a growing and dynamic organization with superb products that includes motorcycles, outboard motors, ATVs, personal watercraft, snowmobiles, boats, outdoor power equipment, race kart engines, accessories, apparel, and much more! We are a company of enthusiasts and have passion for our products!
Yamaha has an excellent opportunity for a successful Product Information Manager to join our Marine Group in Kennesaw, GA. This dynamic position is proactively involved with every facet of Marine Product Information (MPI), including all new and existing product information generated by YMC and/or YMUS, i.e. video communications, sales materials, marketing materials, Hot Sheets, PIGs, consumer website, price lists, parts lists, etc. (i.e. all Marine uses except Service and Technical Training). This position is based in Marine Product Planning but serves and interacts with the whole of YMUS Marine.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Manages and performs duties throughout the entire Marine Product Information process (except, but in cooperation with, Service and Technical Training) - from MPI planning, compilation, and generation through release and future/continuing use (before and after-launch)
- Heavy inter-departmental contact and coordination with all Marine divisions and departments, to include Business Planning and Operations, MRP Operations, Advertising, Digital, Video Communications, PR, Dealer Education, Dealer Sales, OEM Sales, OEM Technical Support, Displays, Technical Training, Service, and the Customer Call Center. Manages the process to procure, provide, and maintain accurately and timely MPI to their specific needs and requests.
- Requests, gathers and prepares MPI data and vehicles, including possible further development by other Marine departments/divisions
- Work directly with YMC and YMUS entities to determine MPI needs, timing, and progress to ensure accurate and timely delivery of useful and correct information
-Responsible for vetting and maintaining accuracy of both existing and new MPI throughout all media; including video, electronic, website(s), print, and verbal; performing and/or facilitating updates as appropriate to include seeking proper verification and signatures prior to distribution
-Maintains accuracy and consistency of message throughout all MPI and uses thereof, including YMBS
-Gathers competitive product & market information and performs competitive analyses. Responsible for the development, maintenance, and on-going contributions to/of a company-accessible database thereof.
-Conducts market research as appropriate and/or requested, including field visits to dealers, OEMs, and the general market
-Develops and maintains Yamaha MPI Management System (YMPIMS) for easy and accurate distribution of MPI both before and after launch to authorized parties
- Coordinates and works closely with Marine Service Information Manager to assure accuracy and consistency of information
-Fields and fulfills MPI requests from internal and external sources, including preparation and possible delivery of presentations and other materials
-Distributes and coordinates world-wide use of YMUS-generated MPI with international Yamaha Marine divisions as necessary, appropriate, and/or requested
-Serves as single-source/point-of-contact for Yamaha Marine MPI needs and requests
-Serves as general “Product Expert” for Yamaha Marine products
-Interfaces with YMUS and YMC management as requested
-Directly supports and works within YMUS Product Planning team
-Assists in the preparation and delivery of product training
-Maintains marine-based technical certifications and knowledge as able
Experience, Knowledge, Skills Requirements:
- BA / BS degree or equivalent professional experience in a related position required
-Technical marine product/application knowledge and/or experience strongly preferred, especially technical familiarity with Yamaha Marine products. Technical aptitude a must
- Marine industry experience a big plus. Boating background and a knowledge of the boating market very helpful
- Demonstrated ability to function with and across multiple departments and/or divisions within a company strongly preferred
-Ability to assemble and present MPI training, including live and on-video
-Must be analytical, proactive, and a self-starter
- Must be able to take initiative, excel without direct supervision, work within and/or lead a team
-Proficiency in MS Office (i.e. Word, Power Point, Excel, Outlook, etc.) and Yamaha Internal Systems (YMBS, YWMS, SAP, etc.)- or the ability to rapidly obtain said proficiency - is a must; as is the ability to investigate and report data necessary to establish a clear understanding of current conditions
-Strong written, presentation, and oral communication skills required. Ability to effectively communicate with multi-cultural persons while within those environments required
- Travel: approximately 30%, with short periods of heavy travel (i.e. overlapping or closely- scheduled trips, projects, meetings, trainings, boat shows, etc.).
DEMONSTRATED ABILITY TO MAINTAIN CONFIDENTIALITY IS A MUST!
Please forward a copy of your resume to Theresa_brown@yamaha-motor.com for consideration.