Our people fuel Attwood’s passion to develop products that make life on the water safer and easier to enjoy. Attwood is the marine industry leader in Water Systems, Fuel Systems, Seating Systems, Lighting, Trolling Motors and Marine Accessories and we’re seeking the best and the brightest business and product leaders to join our product management team.
Our product teams have an entrepreneurial spirit and manage our product lines while actively seeking opportunities for growth. Product Managers are essential to Attwood’s success through their focused approach to product knowledge, product marketing and program execution.
If you have passion and expertise in product marketing, product development, business leadership and driving business growth and want to pursue a mission oriented career, then Attwood is where you can pursue the next phase of your professional growth.
· Lead the strategic development and execution of new product plans and other key initiatives related to the success of the assigned product category
· Organize and manage cross-functional initiatives to maintain current products within the assigned category
· Define, prioritize, and develop the business case for key product and service initiatives
· Maintain assigned product categories by providing sales forecasts through the monthly planning process to meet inventory turn, fill rates, and customer satisfaction objectives; manages product lifecycle to optimally manage product culling/E&O decisions and related actions
· Support the development of strategic and operational direction as well as day-to-day tactical execution of product portfolio plans. Responsible for meeting financial targets and driving growth for the assigned product category.
· Manage inventory and end of life process for parts, accessories and components
· Analyze pricing, programs and channel coverage to drive growth and market share
· Monitor and make recommendations to improve operational efficiencies, quality issues, warranty/servicing costs, margins and forecasting
· Act as a champion for the assigned product category throughout the new product development process
· Act as subject matter expert for product installation, rigging, connectivity and technical support
· Lead the development of training, documentation, and other materials needed to support sales and support initiatives for the product category
· Support the category with analysis and recommendations to drive operational efficiencies, revenue growth and market share
· Identify strategic partner opportunities for the product category
· Support the company's participation in trade shows and other special events
Knowledge, Skill and Ability Requirements
· Demonstrated business leadership abilities. Proven track record of leading teams to achieve business growth.
· Demonstrated willingness to challenge the status quo and constructively drive change while fostering teamwork and core corporate values.
· Communicate effectively with others in management, teams, engineers, supply chain, quality, planning and marketing.
· Strong strategic perspective. Ability to identify consumer, customer, product and industry trends and develop strategies to take advantage of market opportunities.
· Excel in problem solving, innovation, team participation, and self-motivation.
· Fundamental understanding of operational processes, financial planning, pricing, margins, costs, inventories and financial statements
· Working with teams to achieve Quality, Cost and Timing targets
· Technical aptitude and the ability to understand software and electro-mechanical products
· Intermediate to advanced user of Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
· Willingness to travel up to 20% of the time
Education and Experience Requirements
· Bachelor's degree in business, marketing or related field
· 5+ years of experience in product management or related field, preferably in durable goods
· Experience leading and developing people
· Ability to drive growth through an understanding of the consumer and market, along with the development and execution of strategic plan and initiatives.
Behavioral Requirements/Distinguishing Characteristics:
· Passion to challenge the status quo and drive growth
· Ability to identify gaps in the marketplace that Attwood can uniquely serve
· Energy and passion for and commitment to customer focused work
· Teamwork and collaboration-oriented, with ability to work independently
· Professional poise and presence
· Determination and bias for action
· Personal accountability/ownership mentality
· Act as a role model by displaying good judgment and integrity.
· Has to have the desire/passion/intensity/persistence/ambition/ self -motivation in everything s/he does; s/he must be hungry and eager to learn; s/he must always be looking to not just meet, but exceed expectations in everything s/he does (mind set for continuous improvement)
· Has to have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work with many different types of people (needs to be a good listener); ability to effectively present
· Looking for a challenge and opportunity to grow
· Passion for the water, fishing or marine industry
To apply, go to www.brunswick.com/careers and apply for the Product Manager – Boating and Fishing job req number JR-021003.