Are you a motivated marketing leader with experience driving product strategies in the B2B environment? Do have a successful track record of industrial product management and a proven ability to influence internal and external stakeholders? If so, Kohler Co.’s Global Marine Power Systems business has an excellent opportunity for you!
Kohler Co., one of the largest power generator manufacturers in the world, has delivered energy solutions worldwide since 1920. Kohler offers power generation equipment for residential, industrial, mobile and marine applications as well as automatic transfer switches, switchgear, monitoring controls and accessories. For more information about Kohler Power Systems, please visit www.kohlerpower.com.
Under the direction of the North America Associate Marketing Director, the Product Manager is responsible for the development, profitability, growth, and maintenance of the assigned Global Marine product lines. The Product Manager conducts and utilizes market research to ensure that the product line meets the needs of and provides value to the customer. This position is responsible for all product line strategies, programs, promotions, pricing, planning, and forecasting. The Product Manager works across all functional lines to achieve objectives.
1. Analyze, identify and aggressively target growth opportunities in Global Marine generator markets based on input from regional marketing, sales, distributors, engineers, contractors and users.
2. Conduct market research focusing on identifying key accelerators and inhibiters to market growth and end user demand for this product.
3. Based on field input write marketing product specification for most effective product solutions for each unique market.
4. Establish and lead cross-functional teams for the development of high quality products that meet the needs of the customer at target cost and on schedule, as well as the sales and marketing tools necessary for the promotion and sale of the products.
5. Product, financial and strategic planning of assigned genset product line(s), including financial justifications of new products and programs.
6. Identification and development of new markets and products to grow the business and increase company profitability. Define and justify new products and programs based on market research.
7. Manage product revenue, margins, and profitability by increasing market share, controlling product costs and establishing product pricing.
8. Develop and implement marketing and advertising programs to promote the product and the company through the direction of Technical Publications.
9. Develop sales training materials for all channels.
10. Target key competition. Leverage our competitive resources /advantages and exploit competitor weaknesses to gain market share.
11. As the “expert” in the assigned product line make product presentations to key customers.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering, business or marketing required. MBA is preferred.
• 5+ years experience in marketing, sales, and/or engineering with an industrial manufacturing company required.
• Engineering or marketing experience with power generation products, alternatiors, engines or other closely related products preferred.
• Strong technical acumen and experience with electrical systems and controls preferred.
• Experience with marine generators, parts or components preferred.
• Ability to travel domestically and internationally 15% of time.
It is Kohler’s policy to recruit, hire, and promote qualified personnel in all job classifications without regard to race, creed, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability or veteran status. If, as an individual with a disability, you need reasonable accommodation during the recruitment process, please contact email@example.com. Kohler Co. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
Please send resume and cover letter to Natalia.Romanova@Kohler.com