Would you like to be a part of an award-winning team that is a leader in marine and industrial markets? Mack Boring and Parts Co. is a fast-growing company headquartered in Somerset, New Jersey. We are a tight-knit, values-driven team focused on delivering an important promise to our customers: providing outstanding service and delivering a premiere customer experience! We currently have an excellent opportunity for a Product Support Specialist to join our Team in the Southeast Region – covering Florida, Georgia, and South Carolina. All candidates must reside in Florida.
Excellence in Role Requires Ownership and Accomplishment of the following:
- Active management and review of Service cases utilizing organizational CRM tools.
- Provides technical support to assigned and/or regional Dealers and OEMs.
- Schedules and prioritizes scheduled work to ensure velocity of response in technical support which meets or exceeds customer needs.
- Acts as lead organizational technical expert for specific Suppliers’ products and/or specific Product Groups.
- Supports regional sales team, as technical expert, for key Dealer, OEM targets and existing accounts though planning and traveling for in-person meetings.
- Visit, as needed, assigned OEMs and Dealers to ensure that our products and services consistently meet or exceed customer needs, specifications, and quality standards.
- Perform and document, with completeness and accuracy, installation reviews for products incorporated into OEM equipment. Follow documented installation review protocols as developed with, and determined by, manufacturers.
- Responsible for the overall program for start-up and commissioning procedures, including but not limited to; pre-inspections, commissioning day activities, sending accurate reports and deficiency notices and the follow-up for prompt correction of all issues identified.
- Coordinates with engineering personnel as needed and provides guidance with all inspection and installation procedures; considers the relative costs and benefits of potential actions and chooses the most appropriate one.
- Troubleshoots and resolves OEM issues by reviewing customer feedback, failed parts, and any technical failure analysis evaluations. Determines warranty eligibility and interfaces as needed, with various internal departments, suppliers, and dealers to serve customer needs.
- Maintains consistent, needed communication with Sales, Production and Engineering to relate OEM requested modifications and changes in scope of work; learns the applicable costs and timelines and communicates effectively to customer.
- Engages in continuous learning on applicable organizational product offerings, up-to-date technical issues and solutions, relevant supplier warranty policies and procedures and provides training as needed.
- Disassembles and overhauls diesel engines, pumps, generators, transmissions, clutches, and back-ends, as needed, in support of Service operations.
- Weekly 15-5 management reports that detail accomplishments from prior week, most significant events to be accomplished in the coming week and any scheduled events of significant impact.
Education, Skills, and Work Experience:
- Minimum 5-7 years advanced knowledge and experience in a marine and industrial diesel production work environment; engineering knowledge a plus.
- Proven excellence in customer service and decision-making.
- Proficiency with computers, email, internet, and Microsoft Office programs.
- Being coachable
- Ability to self-generate solutions to challenges
- Excellent communicator: with regular frequency, to customers so that no one is left guessing regarding status.
- Representing the Service Group with excellence, integrity, and professionalism in all encounters with internal and external customers.
- Motivated and mature professional; a self-manager who takes charge and gets things done and can handle conflict and difficult emotional situations in a professional manner.
- Possesses high energy level, with strong follow up on commitments and exercises an appropriate sense of urgency.
- Commitment to accuracy in work and strong attention to detail
- Responsible – can work with minimum supervision; fulfill commitments and be held accountable for actions and outcomes
- Will do, positive attitude - strong service orientation -actively seeks ways to help people.
- Demonstrate a commitment and drive to learn new skills and an openness to seek areas that will benefit personal and professional development.
- Effective learner - understands the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
- Has good reasoning abilities and exercises sound judgment to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems.
- Able to juggle multiple responsibilities - can manage stress by identifying sources of stress and developing effective coping behaviors.
- Adheres and is an example of corporate values of integrity, excellence, respectfulness, positivity, and perseverance.
- Accountable to fulfilling our Customer Promises.
Specific Job Requirements:
- Must have ability to take detailed measurements with devices not limited to calipers, micrometers, dial indicators, digital multi-meter, pressure, and temperature gauges, etc.
- Must have and maintain own supply of tools to adequately perform job duties.
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license.
- Indoor shop/production floor and outdoor on-site conditions.
- Must be able to stand, walk and sit and occasionally required to climb or balance and lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, moving mechanical parts, fumes, or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and outside weather conditions. Must use appropriate personal protective equipment.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to occasionally loud.
- Operation of company vehicle will be required.
- 50% travel with some overnight required.
To apply, please send your resume, along with a cover letter outlining your salary requirements, to Mary Hogan, Director of Human Resources, email@example.com.
Mack Boring offers a highly competitive salary commensurate with work experience and/or education, an excellent benefits program that includes a 401(k) plan with company match, health, dental, vision and life insurance, and paid time off. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and do not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants based on race, color, creed color, creed, religion, ancestry, age, sex, marital status, national origin, disability or handicap, or veteran status. Mack Boring is a Drug-Free Workplace.