The Supervisor oversees all daily operations of the plant including production, development, and implementation of manufacturing processes to maintain proper productivity, maximize safety and quality as well as cost efficiency. Ensures manufacturing departments work together cohesively and is responsible for the development of equipment to aid in the manufacturing process.
- Plan, organize, direct and run optimum day-to-day operations to exceed the expectations of our ownership group and leadership
- Increase production, assets capacity and flexibility while minimizing unnecessary costs and improving current quality standards
- Develop systems and processes that track and optimize productivity and standards, metrics and performance targets to ensure effective return on assets
- Be responsible for production output, product quality and on-time shipping
- Allocate resources effectively and fully utilize assets to produce optimal results
- Examine and validate processes using lean tools and statistical process control.
- Assist in conducting training for lean manufacturing, process updates, and model changes.
- Implement strategies in alignment with strategic initiatives and provide a clear sense of direction and focus
- Monitor operations and trigger corrective actions
- Share a trusting relationship with workgroup and recruit, manage and develop plant staff
- Actively coaches and oversees hourly Team Members
- Trains and motivates Team Members to achieve the highest levels of productivity and quality.
- Communicates daily schedule with upper management
- Stay up to date with the latest production management best practices and concepts
- Reduce waste, streamline processes, and improve quality process controls.
- Assist in developing plant layout in planning rearrangement of facilities, equipment and operations for better utilization of space.
- Work closely with quality assurance and maintenance personnel to prevent problems with products and tooling/fixtures.
- Ensure all manufacturing safety regulatory policies and procedures are implemented and maintained at all times.
- Determine and eliminate root causes and diminish reoccurrences in the manufacturing process.
- Troubleshooting production floor issues and implementing corrective actions.
- At least 3 years of experience in a supervisory role in a Boat Manufacturing plant.
- 2 or 4-year college degree preferred but not required.
- Lean Six Sigma knowledge and experience preferred.
- Adequate knowledge of business and management principles (budgeting, strategic planning, resource allocation and human resources)
- Familiarity with industry-standard equipment and technical expertise
- Be knowledgeable of safety, quality, productivity, demand creation, inventory, OSHA and stewardship processes
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Visual
- Must demonstrate a record of dependability and reliability with prior work experience
- Ability to create accountability and to lead by example
- Strong team building, decision-making and people management skills
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Offered Benefits Include:
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Vision Insurance
- IRA Option and Match
In light of the current pandemic situation, to protect all team members we also require the ability to: Pass daily pandemic health screening protocols which include responding to CDC recommended personal health and activity related questions. Follow pandemic safety protocols which may include: Wearing of an approved face covering, washing hands/use of hand sanitizer upon entry to facility and as needed throughout the day, maintaining social/physical distancing requirements (six feet from others) whenever possible.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment can be loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Crevalle Boats builds high-quality, reliable boats for families and fishing enthusiasts who enjoy the boating lifestyle. We achieve this by hiring, training and supporting builders who understand the importance of quality, reliability and customer satisfaction. We build every boat with two customers in mind: our dealers and our buyers — and our sole intention is satisfying both every single day. We are dedicated to building boats our dealers are proud to represent and our customers are proud to own.
Please send cover letter and Resume to: