A boat manufacturer in Southwest Florida is looking to hire a Quality Manager. The Quality Manager is an essential part of the team, responsible for managing all facets of the manufacturing process. He/She will ensure the highest quality and on-time completion of our products. The Quality Manager plays a major role in enhancing production efficiency and continuous improvement throughout the business.
We are looking for someone with a great track record of coming into new organizations and winning the respect and admiration of the workforce in manufacturing. Your style is one of helping, coaching, encouraging, and motivating employees as the company grows and makes a transition to a more sophisticated environment.
If you've been looking for the opportunity to be part of a company that is rapidly growing, you welcome challenges and work well as part of a team or on you own, then look no further.
The Quality Manager position plans and directs activities specific to development, application, and maintenance of quality standards for industrial processes, materials, and products. Assures consistent quality of products produced by the manufacturing departments. Provides instruction and coaching to the organization to foster teamwork and continuous improvement in the quality of our products.
· Develops and initiates standards and methods for inspection, testing and evaluation.
· Develops documented quality standards and quality related SOPs
· Work closely with departmental managers to ensure staff are working in compliance with internal quality policies and procedures.
· Provides instruction and coaching of the quality standard and boat building best practices.
· Ensures the integrity of data input into the quality records contained within the AIMSCO quality system.
· Manage the configuration and quality checkpoints contained within the AIMSCO system.
· Responsible for the preparation and reporting of AIMSCO Quality Assurance documents to management for review of (KPI) Key Performance Indicators of applicable departments.
· Ensures the final inspection pictures of each boat and placement of these pictures into the file containing each boat’s construction records.
· Prepares the “Bills of Lading” document to enable transport of all completed production and warranty boats.
· Tracks and ensures Engineering Changes (ECN)are applied to selected effective hulls in a quality way.
· Conducts team meeting with quality inspectors to track and set priorities for each business day.
· Analyzes and resolves work problems or assists workers in solving work problems.
· Updates job knowledge by studying trends in and developments in quality management; participating in educational opportunities and reading professional publications.
This position manages a small team and is responsible for leadership, performance management, hiring of the employees within its department and any other employee relation issues.
· Project Management
· Problem Solving/Analysis
· Technical Capacity
· Teamwork Orientation
· Minimum 3 years of Quality Assurance experience preferably in the marine industry. Other relevant experience will be considered.
· Minimum 1 year supervisory experience.
· Knowledge of the principles and practices of the Quality Assurance process. Emphasizes excellence, attention to detail and thoroughness.
· Skills in both written and verbal communications.
· Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with company employees and subordinates.
· Ability to use and manage quality data in the Aimsco database
· Proficiency in PC based tools with a focus on all Microsoft office applications.
· Problem solving and decision-making abilities.
· Must know how to properly operate machinery and equipment. Must possess a valid company Forklift License.
· High School Diploma required. College degree a plus.
· NMMA/ABYC certification
· Requires bending, squatting, climbing, and reaching.
· Work is performed while standing, sitting and/or walking.
· Requires activities involving being around moving machinery, exposure to marked changes in temperature and humidity, and exposure to dust and fumes produced by machinery.
To apply, please send your resume and salary requirements to SarasotaHR19@gmail.com.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer as well as a drug-free workplace. All offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen and background screen.