The Regional Service Manager – will be responsible for all field technical service support and dealer service development operations in one of the following regions. Central US / Central & Atlantic Canada, Western US / Western Canada, and the Eastern and Southeastern Coastal region. The Regional Service Manager is required to live within their managed region.
- Manage daily activities of the operational service support function.
- Provide dealer development guidance and maintain associated document standards.
- Handle and resolve complex customer requests or complaints.
- Oversee workflow of all business processing, including reports, charts, and other statistics to support and direct the service department.
- Initiate and track service issues to completion.
- Assist with budget management to ensure expenses meet target goals.
- Monitor and manage territory changes and implement realignments as necessary.
- Oversee the hiring, training, and development of field personnel. Provide strategies and direction of the region to achieve goals and objectives, through coaching, mentoring and employee check-ins.
- Manage and promote the flow of information within the organization.
- Coordinate field strategies with other regions.
- Coordinate with other departments within Mercury and Brunswick to achieve targets and objectives.
- Provide technical product expertise as required.
- Travel within their region to assure a strong relationship of your team and the regional dealer network.
- Review new dealer prospects for approval or rejection based on contract requirements and territory business strategy.
Experience and Skills:
- Marine product knowledge including: outboards, jet drives, stern drives, inboards, pod drives, diesel engines, joystick piloting, and P&A lines (remote controls, propellers, replacement parts, oils and lubricants, inflatable boats, and trolling motors, etc.)
- Familiar with best practices, concepts, policies in the service management field.
- Problem-solving skills, especially in situations of high stress
- Rely on critical thinking and experience to plan and accomplish goals.
- Strong customer service skills in the areas of handling disputes and treating customers with care
- Ability to motivate others on a team and help them succeed
- Work well with diverse personalities.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- 6 or more years in marine service-related capacity is required
- Advanced mechanical / electrical background is required
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred