Newport Vessels is seeking a qualified Sales & Customer Service Associate to work under the Customer Service Manager to assist with all tasks relating to customer service, inbound sales, daily orders, and fulfillment.
About Newport Vessels:
Our purpose is to empower memorable outdoor experiences. We do this by creating better marine products at affordable prices. We aim for 100% customer satisfaction through the performance and quality standards we set for our manufacturing partners, contractors, and ourselves. At Newport Vessels, we believe in continuous process improvement in order to guarantee the production of world-class products and world-class customer experiences.
Primary Role: Newport Vessels Customer Service/Inside Sales
Work within the Customer Service team on all tasks relating to customer service, sales, and order fulfillment. You will be working directly with our customers and focused on ensuring 5-star customer experiences.
- Utilize company CRM to answer & successfully respond to inbound customer service calls, emails, and web chats.
- Answer & close inbound sales calls, chats, and emails from new and existing customers while taking notes in CRM.
- Input orders into our order management and fulfillment systems.
- Function as a hub of information for new or existing customers by providing updates, answers to order questions, product questions, etc.
Secondary Role: Special Projects Assistant
Work under the direction of the Customer Service Manager to complete various ad hoc tasks and projects to support the overall objectives of the brand.
- Work with the warehouse team to manage & process customer warranty claims and customer returns.
- Assist with the creation of boat documentation certificates as needed.
- Assist in brand development by monitoring Amazon market trends and competitor websites for new products, accessories, etc.
- Assist in the creation of new website image/video/graphic/written assets to help customers self-service and answer their own questions.
- Present customer feedback and suggestions to the marketing, product development, and CS department leads.
Qualifications, Required Skills, and Required Abilities:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Sales/customer service experience
- Comfortable on the phone
- Ability to multi-task and wear multiple hats
- Excellent time management skills
- Interest in boating, fishing, and the outdoor industry
- Proficient in; Zendesk or other CRM (not required but highly encouraged), Word, Excel, Email, and general internet navigation
- Interest or experience in e-commerce or dtc business
- Team oriented
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Must be high energy, self-directed, and results-oriented
- Must have and maintain a quiet & reliable work from home situation and setup
- Must have and maintain a reliable home (cable or fiber) internet with greater than 30Mbps download speeds. Satellite or DSL internet does not qualify
Candidates Must Possess the Newport Vessels Core Values:
- Details Matter
- Continued Pursuit of Learning
- Humbly Driven
- Genuinely Cares
Hours, Compensation, and Location:
- Status: Full-Time (hourly)
- Days Per Week: 5 (Mon - Friday)
- Hours Per Day: 8 hrs (8:00am – 4:30pm)
- Wage: $20/hr – (Full-Time) (nonexempt)
- Location: Remote and located in CA, MA, NH, TX, UT, or WA (Working from our San Rafael, CA or Stockton, CA offices is also an option).
- 3-month trial period with the ability to become eligible for company benefits (2 week’s vacation, 1 week convertible leave, medical insurance, dental insurance, life, 401k retirement).
How To Apply:
Email position specific cover letter, resume, and a short note on why you’re perfect for the position, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications that do not contain all 3 pieces of requested information, will not be considered.