Roles and Responsibilities:
The Southeast Regional Sales Manager will be based in the Fort Lauderdale office and will report to the Americas Sales Manager. The Southeast Regional Sales Manager is expected to travel ~2-3 weeks per month to manage business within the region. The Southeast region includes Florida, Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana, Texas, and the Caribbean.
The responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Manage current Seakeeper Sales Reps within the region.
· Actively recruit, hire, develop, and manage new Seakeeper Sales Reps within the region.
· Actively recruit, develop, and manage Seakeeper Dealers in alignment with the Business Development Manager.
· Manage boat shows and demo events in defined region.
· Meet quarterly and yearly growth targets based on projected forecast.
· Manage current and future OEM accounts within region.
· Set long- and short-term sales strategies for the assigned region in line with company goals.
· Assure sales techniques are implemented for all sales reps in the region to align with Seakeeper’s sales process.
· Create co-op marketing plans with OEMs to further promote the Seakeeper brand.
· Complete semi-annual regional reports updating management on current business status.
· Ensure sales reps utilize CRM system for quoting, forecasting, and report generation.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
· Qualified candidates must have 5-10 years related sales experience in the marine industry. Bachelor’s degree preferred. The candidate must have a valid passport and be available for both domestic and international travel approximately 75% of the time.
· Cultural Fit: Must be aligned with the values of the company which include results orientation, collaboration, diversity, inclusion, integrity, and trust. Must be self-motivated, well-organized, and have superior customer service skills.
· Must have executive presence combined with demonstrated success managing complex sales cycles.
· Superior time management skills, multitasking skills, closing skills, and the ability to prioritize tasks with minimal supervision are essential. Must have strong interpersonal skills, verbal skills, and the ability to communicate professionally. Must have strong command of Microsoft Office products, be a team player, and be detailed oriented. Excellent writing skills including proper spelling, grammar, and punctuation required.
· Qualified applicant must be professional, responsive, resourceful, flexible, and maintain a positive work attitude. Must be able to work independently, maintain filing systems and basic databases, gather and analyze information skillfully, and make sound, timely, and accurate judgment while supporting reasoning for decisions.
· Must be a proven closer who is a hands-on sales executive; an individual who can make the call, gain access to the high-level decision makers, and close the deal. Stays up-to-date with current developments and future trends. Understands strategies of key competitors and formulates proactive plans to gain competitive advantages. Understands what future factors (i.e. technical breakthroughs, government policy, demographics, etc.) could change the environment in which the company does business.
· Customer Focus: Must have the desire to meet customer needs while supporting the company’s goals and objectives. Builds relationships with customers, both internal and external.
· Unquestionable Integrity and Personal Ethics: Will not bend the rules to close the deal.
Interested candidates should apply using this link: https://seakeeper-careers.silkroad.com/ and contact Human Resources at (410)-326-1590 with any questions.
Location: Ft. Lauderdale, FL