A privately-held growing marina development and management organization based in the southeast is looking to hire a Senior Accounting Manager to join their team. This individual will report to the Operations Director and the Owner of the company and will lead the accounting team. This individual will also be responsible for preparing and presenting financial reports to third party investors.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Preparation and analysis of financial statements.
- Preparation of annual budgets and forecasting.
- Perform general accounting and ledger activities for project portfolios.
- Analyze balance sheets and P&L accounts. Typical accounts would include cash, a/r, fixed assets, accounts payable, debt and others.
- Responsible for maintaining monthly G/L account reconciliations, posting entries to the proper accounts and analysis.
- Prepare journal entries to support monthly closing process, and report on budget variances.
- Manage financial reporting as required by debt covenants and maintain calendar of all related deadlines.
- Prepare bank reconciliations, consolidation packages, and support financial statement audits.
- Maintain records of financial documents with appropriate supporting material.
- Oversee and ensure compliance with all management and operating agreements. Research and resolve accounting issues with outside parties.
- Assist in preparation of due diligence items for acquisitions and dispositions.
- Identify opportunities and provide recommendations for improvements to current accounting policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BS/BA in Accounting or business-related field required
- MS/MBA preferred
- 4-6 years of increasing responsibility in financial reporting and accounting
- Strong technical skills and solid understanding and experience with GAAP principles
- Proficiency in MS Office and QuickBooks applications
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with finance management and other business leaders
- Team player with developed interpersonal, communication (written, oral, and presentation), negotiating and leadership skills
- Strong conceptual, critical thinking, analytical, quantitative skills, ability to problem solve and the ability to assess technical questions
- Must be able to work independently as part of a cross-functional team and be self-motivated
Please email cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please feel free to email for questions related to the company as well.