Everglades Boats is an industry leader in premium offshore fishing boats. Founded in 1997, Everglades provides the ultimate choice for discerning boat owners and knowledgeable big-water anglers. Everglades is a high-end, refined brand that makes a personal statement about the status and savvy of its owner by applying best-in-class fishing amenities, premium-grade materials, and a highly-refined fit and finish. Widely recognized and respected in the industry for its hull performance and ride, Everglades patented RAMPCAP hulls are found throughout its model lineup. Receiving numerous industry awards and an unparalleled reputation for superior performance, Everglades recruits and retains the best talent in the industry.
Based in Edgewater, Florida, this team member will provide direct support to the Vice President, Product Development & Engineering to design, validate, and integrate electrical systems and electrical engineering for new product development programs. This role will require a high energy, self-motivated individual to simultaneously manage multiple complex projects and relationships.
- AC & DC Electrical design to include load evaluations, schematic design, panel design and drawing creation.
- Generator and shore cord power specifications based on load study.
- Ability to determine wire size, system charging design, component layout.
- Responsible for all BOM.
- Support production during new product integration and sustaining manufacturing.
- Ability to design digital switching
- Make electrical design recommendation and alternative architecture for ease of manufacturing
- Create 3D electrical routing on new product development programs
- When applicable, generator system design, fresh and raw water system design, HVAC system design and installation per ABYC standards
- Participate as a member of product development core teams to ensure that launch plans are developed to support successful integration of a new boat into production
- Support other projects and tasks, as needed
- Support approved custom design request, validation, documentation, BOM, and pricing
- ECR/ECN support, re-engineering, documentation, drawing update, process change
- Responsible for all design, BOM, integration of approved model year updates
- Responsible for successful vendor change integration
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, or Associates Degree with 10 or more years relevant experience required
- In-depth understanding of ABYC, ISO, and/or CE certifications
- Boat manufacturing industry experience
- Demonstrated experience with 3d and 2d design
Salary and Benefits
- Competitive salary with variable compensation
- Health, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Paid Vacation Time
- Paid Holiday’s
- 401(k) Plan with Company Match
Everglades Boats is a drug free workplace, and as such conducts pre-employment drug screening upon a conditional offer of employment.
Everglades Boats is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Apply Online: Senior Electrical Engineer